[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

how do you wake up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: alarm.jpg (19KB, 220x280px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
alarm.jpg
19KB, 220x280px
i can't wake up on time.
i've used lots of alarms and i unconsciously turn them off, all while still asleep. please help anon.
>>
>>18058188
Read the trick is to fast and have breakfast in the morning.
>>
>>18058188

If this is a daily problem, you're most likely simply not getting enough sleep. How many hours do you usually get? Do you let your sleeping schedule slip on weekends?
>>
>>18058197

Agreed with this guy. If you're SO sleepy that this is repeated behavior, it sounds like you're not getting enough rest.

Alternatively, set your alarm across the room, so you HAVE to get up. And no snooze. Ever. Amazon sells alarms without the snooze function. Get one of those.
>>
What I do is put your alarm or phone or whatever in a harder to reach place, across the room, on a bookshelf, etc. So this way you have to get up to actually snooze it
>>
>>18058188
There are alarm apps that require some captcha or math problem to solve to hit snooze/stop alarm.
>>
Use banana phone by Raffi as your wake up song, set alarm at full volume and put in on the opposite side of the room so you have to get up and turn it off. I also used to keep an old fashioned bell ringer on a shelf above my bed head, and when it went off it would vibrate and fall onto my head and wake me up. Think geek also sells a lot of alarm clocks including one that has a helicopter that flies around the room and doesn't turn off till you put it back, a math one where you have to solve algebraic equations to shut it off, and a puzzle that explodes and you have to piece together to shut it off.
>>
>>18058188
Goddamnit, I'm always too late to help OP in these threads. PUT A LAMP ON A TIMER. Eventually the light will change your circadian rythm. And put it where you cant reach it from bed. And point it at your face.
>>
>>18058212
>Alternatively, set your alarm across the room,
this.
Do not go back to bed, get in the shower immediately after. That will wake you up.
>>
I always set a few, but when I wake up to the first one I will turn all of them up, lie down and nap for "just a few mins" which ends up being an extra hour or two.
>>
>>18058998
>up
whoops, off*
>>
>>18058188
>how do you wake up?
Realize that if I don't actually get out of bed and get ready for work to get there on time I won't have a job anymore. In reality, I can go into work whenever I want really but I make it a point to be there at 6 AM everyday because I don't have to fight traffic and I get off at 2:30 and again don't have to fight traffic. Haven't been late to work in like 10 years.

tl;dr if you have responsibilities like a real adult, like work, understand the consequences of not getting up. alternatively, if you're a student realize the consequences of not showing up to class on time.
>>
>>18058998

Yeah, no more "a few more minutes."

Why are you setting your alarm early enough that you have the time to go to bed for one or two more hours? Set it for a reasonable time, get up, shower, and go about your day. Like I said, no snoozing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.