[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm suicidal and when my therapist ask me if I am I answer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1452427525792.jpg (358KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452427525792.jpg
358KB, 1920x1080px
I'm suicidal and when my therapist ask me if I am I answer no.
I need help and acknowledge this, but I'm worried about the consequences of getting help.
What actually happens when you get admitted for suicidal tendencies? Will it affect my life in the future if I get out of this? Will it prevent me getting hired or getting mortgages? Who can have access to this information if I come out of it?
>>
This generation is nothing but a bunch of pussies.

You've got to get over yourself and stop this woe is me special snowflake shit.

There's no pill that's going to do it for you, and all a therapist is, is a paid motivator.
>>
>>18058099
>This generation is nothing but a bunch of pussies.

All generations are like this dumbass, only difference is now we can it all because of the internet.
>>
>>18058102
Take whatever problem you have.

Remove the internet from your list of possible solutions.

Actually solve your problem.
>>
top thread guys
>>
>>18058093
>Who can have access to this information
Basically no one.

>What actually happens when you get admitted for suicidal tendencies?
The answer probably changes depending on whether you are thinking of hurting yourself or actively trying to end your life. If you're thinking about it your therapist may be able to help, or someone in the hospital. if you're actively trying, you're going to be monitored 24/7 (as far as I know), but it isn't that bad, I know someone who has gone in for it more than once and has come out OK.

>Will it affect my life in the future if I get out of this? Will it prevent me getting hired or getting mortgages?
See point 1. This only affects you if you tell people. You aren't obligated to tell anyone why you were in the hospital.
>>
>>18058093

Nothing much will happen if you tell. Your therapist will make you talk about it, but that's it. Your therapist is bound by confidentiality agreement between a medical professional and a patient. Only if the likelyhood of you harming yourself or other people becomes a valid concern, your therapist might refer you to psychiatrist who can recommend intense treatment. A therapist can't actually do much anything. I went to a shrink because I was suicidal and I've never regretted speaking about it and it has never come back to haunt me. I know and my ex shrink knows that I wanted to kill myself, but that's it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.