[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf is this shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (119KB, 803x491px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
119KB, 803x491px
What is the point of these stupid questionaires that ask vague questions, expecting the participant to give answers like everything is absolute.

Do they even care what you say, or are they just looking to see if you lie on the survey? Or do they just throw a few questions in there to see if you agree with some red flag statements that disqualify you from getting a job.

Any hiring managers for restaurants in here care to explain what they're for? They always have these questionaires for jobs with extremely low responsibility. Every minimum wage job I've applied to has them, but if you do for sales positions, or technical positions, they never ask this bullshit.
>>
>>18057956
"Absolute". The answer is absolute.

The answer to this one is obviously "strongly disagree". The purpose of these tests is to gauge what your answer is, but the answers are so fucking obvious.

Seriously, isn't this one self-explanatory?
>>
>>18057956

They're basically like a low-level psych evaluation. Most normal people will pass this, or at least be smart enough to cheat the answers, but some people are either completely nuts, or stupid and rigid, and will answer this like a complete dumbass.

It puts their judgment into question and gives the hiring manager either a green light or red light to bring you on board. Sometimes these answers and qualifications may vary by position.

For example, when I hired for Abercrombie & Fitch, if you were applying for a job in the front, you would have to answer these in a certain, very outgoing way. If you were a little more introverted, the position may not be recommended to you.

However, being too extroverted and cheery in one of these for a position in stock was considered to be a bad thing.

I hope that explains it.
>>
"Human Resources" firms (entire companies of their own) provide bullshit like this to reduce the number of applicants. That's all it fucking does, reduce the number of applicants to sift through. In some cases, it also provides a service of giving you only the applicants who tell folks what they want to hear, or say what they're supposed to say.

If you have small (5~15 people) but not microscopic (one dude self-employed or a married couple and their adult kids) businesses in your town, ask every single one of them if they need help. Big companies are always going to give you the HR runaround, which basically means your job application is a lottery ticket. If you win, a human being looks at your case and considers you for a job interview. 99 times out of 100, this human has nothing to do with your interview or position.

>I need help, but I can't afford to pay anything because I'm already struggling to keep the doors open
Story of my town. =/
>>
>>18057956
This is how marketing works. The flavours have to cover a huge majority of people. Every one has different tastes. If they suddenly wanted to know each and every person's preference, they would suffer greatly. Production will slow down, and their company would probably be put out of business for the lack of productivity.
>>
Well I did get an interview and the job. I put neutral for most of the answers, because I feel like they didn't even look over the test results, because they called me 20 minutes after I submitted my application. Again, I think it's some bullshit that the corporate HR retards got tricked into buying by some hiring consultant.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.