[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hear somebody laugh in public >brain immediately interprets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ol7jo8Xo771rjaef7o1_540.jpg (140KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol7jo8Xo771rjaef7o1_540.jpg
140KB, 540x540px
>hear somebody laugh in public
>brain immediately interprets it as them laughing at me

How do I get rid of this victim mentality? It's easily the biggest source of anxiety and discomfort in my life.

It feels like no matter who I am or what I do, I'm always going to have this nagging voice in the back of my head that makes me feel like I have to constantly shield myself. I'm sick of it.
>>
I'm not sure that's what victim mentality means. Here's what wikipedia says:

"Victim mentality is an acquired (learned) personality trait in which a person tends to regard themselves as a victim of the negative actions of others, and to behave as if this were the case even in the lack of clear evidence of such circumstances. Victim mentality depends on habitual thought processes and attribution. In some cases, those with a victim mentality have in fact been the victim of wrongdoing by others or have otherwise suffered misfortune through no fault of their own; however, such misfortune does not necessarily imply that one will respond by developing a pervasive and universal victim mentality where one frequently or constantly believes oneself to be a victim.".

Victim mentality is the same as a victim complex, ie. a person playing the role of victim like the SJWs going out of their way to be offended. People who believe they are a victim. It's not being highly sensitive and thinking others are disparaging and looking down on you.
>>
>>18057591
>a person playing the role of victim like the SJWs going out of their way to be offended
This is more of an offensive trait, since these kinds of people go out of their way to attack others.
I guess the way I thought about it is that I feel like a "victim" of a perceived mockery, when in fact nothing is happening at all - or even if they were it wouldn't really be a big deal.
>>
>>18057566
This is textbook paranoia, not "victim mentality"

Look into cognitive therapy and anti-anxiety medication. If deemed necessary by a doctor maybe even anti-psychotics.

I have the same delusions and it's a pain in the ass but I just deal with them cognitively (meaning I just think about it for a second and remind myself that I'm not the center of the universe and have done nothing that would spark a laugh)
>>
>>18057591
Bro you know what he meant are you trying to be funny or are you naturally this obtuse?
>>
>>18057647
I feel the same sometimes and I find if I try hard enough to ignore it's not an issue. Or I try find out what the joke is.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.