[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a feeling that I'm definitely not living my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1458275444652.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1458275444652.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
I have a feeling that I'm definitely not living my life to the fullest. I'm sitting at Starbucks right now, what can I do?
Will provide background information if wanted
>>
>Starbucks
wow so you're at a 1st world country

poor you!
>>
>>18057496
Order a pumpkin spice frappuccino and try to console your basic self
>>18057514
We have Starbucks in South Africa fagget
>>
>>18057514
I'm in Poland :^)
>>
Help me please, I feel like kysing myself just thinking about my useless fucking life
People around me are having relationships, socialize, work, spend every day doing something cool like going to a theater with a friend or pursuing their cool hobbies outside.
Even if I try it doesn't seem like I get much done, there's not enough time and I only have as much energy.

A few words about me:
23, studying translation at uni (a branch of English Studies, essentially has prepared me quite well to do every kind of translation), half a year left to defend my MA thesis.
Not working, but have decent savings. Living with dad, mother died when I was 15.

In theory have 2-3 good friends but I rarely see them. Other acquaintances are mostly limited to uni and I'm not the most social person around. Don't feel like I fit in.

Hobbies include writing (mostly poetry), reading (it's pathetic how long it takes me to finish a book these days), languages, history, used to like sports like martial arts and swimming but I'm not as sporty as I used to be because of my real and perceived health problems and insecurities.
Essentially feel like I'm doing fuck all with my life compared to others. Soon I am going to put together my CV and apply for jobs, but I'm not sure which. I mean being a translator is sort of an irregular job and I'm not sure if I can earn enough money to become independent (another one of my goals.).

Also never had a gf. I dated some girls from tinder but didn't go past kissing, I think I'll go back there even though it's awkward. But honestly my libido is low from medications (taking both an SSRI and finasteride) so it's not that important for me, aside from the validation aspect and maybe companionship.
>>
get a hobby you feel you could enjoy the rest of your life.
>>
>>18057708
So you theoritically have 2-3 friends?
>>
>I have a feeling that I'm definitely not living my life to the fullest.

So what would living your life to the fullest look like to you? Figure out what steps you should take to get your self to that goal, smaller ones are better, and tracking your goals/progress will make you more likely to succeed.
>>
>>18057769
I meant that I have like 3 people I could call actual close-ish friends, but I don't meet up with them as often as I'd like.
>>
File: tmp_28729-L4hXwnx973772012.jpg (26KB, 446x500px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_28729-L4hXwnx973772012.jpg
26KB, 446x500px
No one else can tell you what will make you happy. You've gotta figure that out for yourself. Have well defined goals involving how you would like to improve yourself. Also not going to movies with friends is not worth kys. Really mate. First you need to be happy alone before being with others will have any positive effect on yourself.
Just learn to appreciate the things you currently have and more will be given unto you .
>>
>>18058240
At least you have friends, that's like the only thing I'm missing in my life
>>
My life is also empty.
One of my co-workers said that his weekdays are just a haul towards the weekend. I feel the same, except, i spend my entire weekends on 4chan besides doing chores.
>>
>>18057496
Live abroad. Language skills mean that you could find a job in a warm, sunny climate where the cost of living is low and there are beautiful girls/guys. Latin America for example.
>>
>>18058669
I thought about doing something for the EU as I happen to know English and basic French, and they want that. Like translating EU documents, a boring but well-paid job; but I don't know where to start. I guess I will have to use my creativity once I start looking for work.
Also there's a risk I get allahu akbar'd in Brussels, a risk that doesn't exist in Poland.
Not that I care too much.
>>
>>18057496
What is living life to the fullest? What has to be done in order for you to say you live them to the fullest? Maybe this is a good starting point.
>>
>>18057496
ask your self where you want to be in the next ten years. Then try to attain that goal as best as possible.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.