[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Omega 3 effectiveness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

So I read about this oil from fishes called Omega 3 and they said it boosts your brain power

How long does it take to take effect and will it still work even thought I'm done with my puberty growth phase where nutrients get absorbed super efficiently?
>>
Fats are essential for your brain. And there's no other food source that have omega 3.
>>
It has been a while since I did the research which convinced me to add omega 3 supplements to my diet, but I've been taking 3 grams of approx 70% EPA & DHA a day for a few years now.

I'm no nutritional expert and only a casual armchair scientist, but what convinced me is that a diet with a ratio high in omega 6, 9 and 12 compared to 3 tends to change the permeability of cell walls over time and the cell walls built from omega 6 fatty acids tend to be less permeable and flexible than those built on 3.

Because my diet is fairly western and 'typical' even though quite healthy my ratio of omega 3 to the other fatty acids isn't very high without supplementation. Do I feel a benefit? Ever so slightly better health in general, mostly lower joint pain and better recovery from heavy lifting and exercise. I hope that the benefits will be better vascular health though it is a long term thing really, like ask me when I turn 50 or something.

examine.com is quite good for reading collected evidence and studies on supplements.
>>
>>18057162

Wait, so if omega 6 fatty acid decreases permeability in cells, doesn't that mean that gases cant pass though as easily cos the cell membrane and walls are too thick and rigid? But then isn't that like, really bad cos the cells wont be able to breathe properly?
>>
>>18057140
>>18057145
>>18057162
>>18057643
holy fuck

Like any other nutritional necessity, omega 3 helps your brain function properly.

No, taking a fuckton of omega 3 isn't going to do any more than taking a fuckton of vitamin C, you're just going to piss out what you don't use.

I guarantee you that unless you're a neet living off nothing but cup noodle you have plenty of Omega 3 in your diet already.
>>
>>18057643
Dude lets not even go there because we will both look stupid trying to broscience it up, but yes it has an impact on membrane transport efficiency as well as being more rigid.

>>18057658
Dude omega 3 is a free fatty acid. You don't piss these out. They are present in a range of sources, but it is about the ratio you eat influencing the building blocks your body is made up of over time.

You don't 'take a fuck ton'. You just aim to eat a diet where you have a 1:1 ratio of the different fatty acids. Most typical diets are 6:1 in favour of omega 6,9 and 12 compared to 3 which is why supplements can be useful if you care about it.
>>
>>18057140
There are no magical fixes. Don't fall for fad, meme, false marketing.
>>
>>18058105
>You don't 'take a fuck ton'. You just aim to eat a diet where you have a 1:1 ratio of the different fatty acids. Most typical diets are 6:1 in favour of omega 6,9 and 12 compared to 3 which is why supplements can be useful if you care about it.
You realize that garbage was debunked more than 5 years ago, right?

Omega 3 supplements don't do shit.
>>
>>18058169
Prove that supps dont do shit? Surely it depends on which ones you buy anyway.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.