[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

Has anyone gone from beta to asshole before and had positive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Has anyone gone from beta to asshole before and had positive results? How can I try something like this and not become completely alienated? I'm the super nice guy to everyone but its secretly because im nonconfrontational (ie pussy). It has gotten me literally nowhere and im aware of this. People use me to listen to their problems and mostly disregard mine. Some push my boundaries. Some ask me for favors until i give in (sometimes). Depression and anxiety has made me lose my will to bite back at the world and I just wish people had common sense but that's not the case.
>>
I was like you a few years back. I'm still very friendly and do nice things but I learned to say no and assert my position.
>>
>>18057047
You don't have to swing the pendulum all the way to being an asshole. In the long run being a nice guy will get you further and bring you more happiness than the opposite. You just have to decide on your boundaries and limits - the point at which you begin to feel exploited - and learn to protect yourself there.

As you have seen in other people, sometimes saying "No" is neither too difficult nor necessarily an unfriendly act. People will recognize the legitimacy of your limits when you assert them.
>>
>>18057051
I definitely need to assert my position more. Depression/possible low t makes me just feel inferior. I just don't have enough energy to keep up an authoritative persona
>>
>>18057060
True, I don't really think about the positives of being nice too often. I just feel like people act fake to me. In a way that people disregard my needs. Maybe I have been stepped on too much already
>>
>>18057047
I was in a similar situation a few years ago -- everybody thought I was like the nicest and most accommodating guy they knew, but in reality I resented a lot of their behavior and just didn't have the balls to tell them to step off. I eventually got over it by grinding up the people I executed and mixing their bone powder into my oatmeal every morning. That's a huge test booster, there's actually some pretty solid science behind it if you check out the sticky on /fit/, I got pretty fucking big. You could too.

Eventually I crushed the main guy who was taking advantage of me in a moment of weakness. I could literally feel his power flowing into me afterwards. I don't think anybody's ever accused me of being beta since then.
>>
>>18057093
Did you at least accommodate them before they were executed? Shit
>>
>>18057047
Some people are both beta and asshole: beta in front of strangers, asshole in front of family and their few friends. This an extreme beta. How bad people treat them, they treat the people close to them the same way. They're not self-conscious of this behavior. This is the person you don't want to be.

My advice is be generally nice, but don't waste effort on people who won't ever treat you the same way. Some people dislike you no matter what you do. If someone is taking advantage of you or trying to force you to do something, refuse whenever possible and dissociate yourself from these kinds of people.
>>
Stop browsing /r9k/, it poisons your mind. Assholes do not get girls. It's a meme created by bitter virgins who think they are "nice guys".

Try it. You will go from beta to being a beta and asshole. You still won't get girls, but you will lose all your friends and everyone will hate you.
>>
>>18057170
This. People who describe themselves as being nice are not actually nice. If they're nice, their friends will speak well of them.
>>
Ayy lmao
I guess I have nice guy-ish traits but people very rarely ask me for favors and I wouldn't let myself be used
I guess they don't trust me enough to ask me for anything
>>
>>18057047
I think it just boils down to being honest about your intentions. Being an asshole will get you laid, but it won't make you feel better about yourself. The problem lies with just accepting that you are flawed and that's fine.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.