[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

How do you capture moments and feelings of happiness? This is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

How do you capture moments and feelings of happiness?

This is a major problem for me. When something good happens, it doesn't affect me at all in the there and now.
This is despite the fact I KNOW a moment is nice/happy...it already feels like its passing/out of reach

>i.e. a few days ago I beat my friend at chess (I never win and have played against him many times), yet I'm sitting there feeling...nothing, even though I know the meaning behind that win

Instead, happiness comes to me later. I look back 6 months or longer, and my mind has filtered out the bad times (not always but often), so I'm left with nostalgia and a feeling that everything has passed and my present/future is trending downhill.

>i.e. I get periods of depression every few months that, for days make me dysfunctional/super stressed, but are near-irrelevant in memory

So how am I supposed to extract good feelings when only bad feelings are blunt when they happen?
>>
Bump before I go to sleep
>>
Same until recently. I had a friend who would record fun things, so i went back to look at those to feel joy again. Try literally capturing special moments.
Perhaps if its rude with using a phone you can use a diary.
>>
>>18056859
look into CBT. it's literally thought control but it works. Also gratitude journalling, (also known as appreciation journalling)
>>
>>18056859
Say to yourself. "I am happy. Remember this moment. If I ever get so depressed that I wonder if I was ever happy, remember this moment and feel some of its warmth."

It has often worked for me, and I have a bank of good memories to lean on.
>>
I have that problem as well. "Special" moments are over before I can fixate them in my mind.

I write in a diary of sorts (text-file on my desktop) sporadically. A sentence each day if I find the time to, or more. It's nice reading back on memories Is forgotten about.
>>
>>18056859
Could be worse. You could look back and find that your mind has filtered primarily for keeping the worst and most painful memories. That's more common and it's what tends to happen for me. I used to feel great when good things happened to me, but lately nothing well-defined and good seems to happen -- like there will be moments of temporary pleasure but they don't do much for me anymore, and meanwhile the notion of accomplishment has become so ambiguous ('we had this meeting that seemed to go well but it might just fall apart later; we finished this new software component but this all might end up being irrelevant later anyway; etc.') that nothing seems to register much for me anymore. Whatever. Life is a bunch of stress and work and vague anxieties and then you die.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.