[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Uni actually supposed to be "awesome"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Lost.png (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
Lost.png
7KB, 225x224px
I am on my second to last year in Uni and have not had a single memorable moment. Every aspect of this place fucking blows. Education is hell on earth thanks to "teachers" who can't teach, how I haven't dropped out yet shocks me. Have zero friends because no one shares my interest. Girls here are only looking to date or have a boyfriend. Parties aren't ever on campus. The list goes on. I thought this would be the best time of my life and now I realize it is just another waste of time like High School was. At least High School I can look back on and say I had SOME decent memories, in Uni I can't think of shit. Am I missing something? I wish I could say I enjoy my time here, but it's so fucking boring. I have done everything except join a frat to make it fun, but I can't.
>>
>>18056678
You watched too many uni movies. Real life uni is boring af
>>
Not trying to be mean, but the problem is you.

Nothing in life is going to be "awesome" when you have a shit attitude. It's always the case that you'll get out what you put in.

Stop expecting people to make it enjoyable for you. YOU should put in effort to create the memorable experiences.
>>
>>18056678
>I have done everything except join a frat to make it fun

Like what? We can't grasp the full situation if you're gonna be ambiguous about it.

>Have zero friends because no one shares my interest.
I doubt this, you probably just haven't found the people yet.

Is it a small campus or a commuter college? I spent freshman year at a shitty small mostly commuter college and transferred to a huge state college and my life got so much better. I would honestly probably be dead or a dropout if I didn't transfer.
>>
>>18056712
>Like what/haven't found the right people
Pretty much everything imaginable. School jobs, joined clubs that semi sort of interested me (none of the offered ones actually were what I really enjoy), socialized with just about everyone I could both in/out class, went to a few parties of the frats/sororites (SCARCE as fuck), etc. I tried so hard to not even have fun, but just meet people or do something, but none of it worked out. These people are absolutely boring.

I go to a commuter college in California by the way. And by the looks of the Facebook page we have, I am not alone in...well being alone. This place doesn't even feel like college sometimes. It is like High School+. People living with their parents, never had a job, etc. I feel like an old man hanging out with children a lot of the times. Like I grew up and the people around me are stuck in time.
>>
>>18056764
>I go to a commuter college in California by the way.

This is why I added that anecdote about my college, it sounded like a similar situation. I've found that you usually have to either find the fun or make the fun in life. If one doesn't work, switch to the other, and visa versa. For your case if you really feel like you've done everything you could and actively suggested hanging out with people/been the one to initially approach people rather than wait for them to fall into your lap, then it's probably just a product of the school itself.

In that case you have to seek enjoyment from elsewhere. Some things in life aren't gonna turn out the way you expect as a matter of happenstance and IF YOU REALLY FEEL LIKE YOU'VE DONE EVERYTHING YOU COULD then I would try to escape the college (continue getting your degree though) and following whatever will give you joy. This is again you deciding to pursue your own happiness by actively taking the steps to make you happier.

Maybe it's leaving the college, maybe it's working outside of it. It doesn't matter, as long as you don't waste time and energy on something you're not into.
>>
>>18056780
I guess so anon. School just isn't my thing I suppose. Only fun times I had were in middle school, after that I never felt the same enjoymemt. Just bums me out. Everyone says High School and College are the greatest times of their life and I despised both. But you are spot on about enjoyment from elsewhere. I have the time of my life outside of school. Shir, even work is more fun. I guess I'll just pursue that.

Well, I hope I graduate, get my degree, and get out of here before grades catch up to me.
>>
it's all about the friends you do things with

not really helpful if you're socially inept (like I am). then again, parties are /really/ not my thing.

perhaps you're looking for friendship in all the wrong places? most of my friends are online - all except one, actually - and even the one I'm in a relationship with (now met in real life!) was met on a textboard / online community .

if you haven't already, I highly suggest you look for an internship or two before it's too late.

university is entirely what you make of it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.