[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard is AP Stats course. My school only offers stats as AP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1409563548532.png (41KB, 724x524px) Image search: [Google]
1409563548532.png
41KB, 724x524px
How hard is AP Stats course. My school only offers stats as AP Online so I just wanted to know how hard is it with no teacher or physical classes? Any other challenges included with this? Also in general how hard is AP Stats
>>
How are you in math in general terms? How good are you when dealing with pure concept? How old are you? Is there a career center near you that offers Ap stats? Think about these first.
>>
>>18056613
Well ive taken AP calculus already and think I'm very well in mathematics as long as I get good practice in. And there isn't a career center near me that I know of.
>>
I am only sophomore and I have friends who took Ap stats online courses, it is very hard to understand the concept without a teach explaining it to you in a simpler way, however, if you are confident in your abilities, I would say go for it, right now I am taking Ap calculus online to earn credit and also earn free space so I could attend other classes(my school has AP calc). Have you tried online courses before?
>>
buy a book with a sample test and you can find out how hard it is and learn what you need to and try again all with one book for like 15 dollars
>>
>>18056631
Agreed, nothing better than getting more practice, and test your abilities, there are also khan acadamy courses, look them up, also are you just trying to learn it or want to get credit from it also?
>>
>>18056627
No I haven't tried an online course before. I feel like I would be able to do AP statistics in the sense of concepts and things but I don't know how I would do in an online setting
>>
>>18056638
They have pages and pages of info, they guve you test real time, no second chances, the class can be taken anytime, but usually alot of homeworks, its also honor based. Did you talk to your math teacher or high school directer about this?
>>
>>18056637
Well I've never taken a stats class before, and the prerequisites even said you don't need anything except basic algebra and shit, which I already have. So I can't really test my self on stats since I don't know any right now, which is why I'm thinking about taking the course next year.
>>
>>18056644
How do notes work, is it full online and you just read, or is there an online lecturer going over it with you
>>
Depends on how you conduct yourself.
If I had taken an AP class online in high school I would have failed, because I had very little discipline and did the bare minimum in my in-person classes.
If you'll actually do you work and teach yourself, then it's not bad. AP stats was joked about in my high school as being the not-really-AP AP class, so it can't be very difficult.
From my personal experience having taken upper division stats courses in college, I can say stats is much easier than calculus. It requires you to view things a certain way, but once you do it's really straight forward.
>>
>>18056704
I'm kinda a lazy guy too, I really do love math with a passion but end up kinda putting everything off until right before it's due, but I think since I'm taking it with AP Stats with kids I know, where gonna make sure none of us falls behind.
So you think AP Stats online won't be that difficult at all as long as I just pay attention?
>>
>>18056726
>So you think AP Stats online won't be that difficult at all as long as I just pay attention?
One thing that becomes really clear once you get out of high school and start college is that very few things are difficult if you manage your time correctly. If you spend just an hour a day studying for that class, as long as you have the perquisite knowledge (which should just be algebra 2), you'll do fine. Force yourself to spend that much time outside of whatever the minimum online material is, and you won't have any problems.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.