[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got laid off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 08stan.xlarge1.jpg (49KB, 600x320px) Image search: [Google]
08stan.xlarge1.jpg
49KB, 600x320px
I got laid off today. Completely blindsided.

I feel really numb and I don't even know what to do with myself tonight, tomorrow, or the weekend.
>>
Same happened to me in July. Still haven't found a stable job. If you have any savings of any kind consider trying to further whatever career choices you've got for yourself.
>>
I have no practical advice but I want to remind you that you will be ok. It will work out. It always does.
>>
>>18056385
Take a couple days to pull yourself together and think of what you want to do. After that, start looking for another job. It sucks, but hang in there.
>>
>>18056385
First of all, apply for your unemployment benefits immediately, because sometimes it can take up to 3 weeks to get the first payment.

Secondly, most people get laid off in this day and age at some point in there life. It sucks, but at the same time, it could be a blessing. Alot of people hate their jobs, but won't leave because its decent pay, and a steady pay cheque. Therefore, they don't have time or the drive to study for, certify for, or simply apply to the jobs they want. Now, you have the freedom and open slate to seek out a place of employment you'd actually want to be with. Hell, maybe even start a business if you got any good skills or ideas.

It's tough for the first week, but you'll come around. It's natural.
>>
>>18056385
Go postal, obviously.
>>
>>18056385
Give yourself the weekend off and start job hunting Monday.
>>
>>18056487
Nah ot wont be ok and it does work out i got laid off 15 years ago still no job applied for everything.....dont see the point anymore why waste time doing more edu cv's etc for jobs that dont exist...i wish i had just sat on a beach....would have enjoyed my life more and bee healthier and less stress
>>
Get unemployment.

Enjoy a mini-vacation

Find a new job
>>
>>18056583
This guy puts it well. I've been laid off twice (try working finance during the financial crisis, great fun).

take a moment to reflect whether you're in the line of work you like. If you are, great, use your experience to find another job. if not, perhaps seek out means to gain that sort of work if possible.

regardless, it's shit. sorry to hear that anon
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.