[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i already made a thread similar to this and it helped, but now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: alone3.jpg (89KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
alone3.jpg
89KB, 500x375px
i already made a thread similar to this and it helped, but now im even more confused and stressed

this might be long so thanks for reading if you do. so i guess my issue is that im worried im not going to be able to finish college and i dont know what else to do. my living situation is good. my mother said i can live with her as long as im doing something with my life. either if im going to school or pursuing an actual career. i want to stay in school and graduate. im currently in college in my 2nd year. havent even started my major because i havent chosen one, mainly because nothing interests me so far. and my biggest problem in my life right now is living at home. i said my situation is good. stable home and decent relationship with my mother. but there is just something about being home that i cant handle. i get really stressed knowing im not alone here. my brother and his gf also live here so there are 4 of us. i want to live on my own more than anything. i dont want roommates if i move out. i cant handle people and im scared the stress is going to get to me soon. i keep leaving the house just to get away from it. i just drive around for hours because i would rather be on the road than at home. i dont have many friends so moving away is an option but i dont really know how to live. im only 20. i have dreams and stuff but they arent very realistic. i feel with time i could accomplish them maybe. but talking short term i just want to leave home and never look back. i just dont think i could financially support myself with a home while staying in school. i wouldnt mind moving to a different country. im in the US in a very expensive city. so if i moved out i cant stay around here but i dont want to be here anyways. i dont really know what im asking from you guys on this board but i think this is my only way to reach out. whenever ive brought this up with people here they just tell me that if i drop out i will be homeless or a loser. thank you
>>
>>18055907
me again. i guess im just looking for advice. i dont know how to move out and start living on my own. any advice is appreciated
>>
Don't focus on moving out. Focus on what you want to do with your future. Apply yourself towards that. Find a job. Then move out.

If I'm to be honest, don't follow "dreams".

You need to sit down and really think about what you want to do and really think about what avenue you can take to financially support your moving out. You're putting the cart before the horse to think you should move out now and then consider finances.

Pick a major that will allow you to find a job and support your dreams of moving away. I know you feel stuck or isolated being at home but this is what it's like to be an adult. You have a responsibility to yourself to see your education through and ensure the best possible future for yourself.

Look into a major that will pay after college such as:
>accounting
>finance
>engineering
>computer science
>nursing
>medical lab science

If you're more of an academic, look into other STEM areas like
>physics
>math
>chemistry
>biochemistry
>>
>>18055976
thank you, this really does make me think. im also worried i wont pass college so a really well paying job might not be obtainable. i do okay in most of my classes but my school told me i have to take my math somewhere else now because ive failed so many time. if i didnt need math i would have no issues
>>
>>18055999
Well then you need to find your strengths and pick a major accordingly.

Depending on your abilities and what kind of future you want, you may also look into trades.

If you're bad at math, engineering and a lot of the other academic areas like physics, chemistry, and biochemistry are likely not going to suit you. If you struggle at even basic algebra, accounting will be difficult. However, if you're good at computer programs like excel and you know how to use financial calculators, accouting can be achieved.

Computer science might be okay for someone like you but I don't know enough about your strengths and weaknesses.

In the end, its up to you to decide what major but I would not move out on a whim and end up putting yourself in jeopardy financially.
>>
>>18056022
you have good points, thank you. ill be thinking about this
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.