[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feeling a bit overwhelmed, guys, I think some objective eyes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: mgs3_wallpaper.jpg (584KB, 1578x853px) Image search: [Google]
mgs3_wallpaper.jpg
584KB, 1578x853px
Feeling a bit overwhelmed, guys, I think some objective eyes would do me well.

I'm a 21 year old male in college. I used to work out, for around 8 months, but I made little progress because I didn't track my diet.

Lately, I haven't been feeling well, and I think maybe getting back into exercise would help. I think I'd need a job to pay for extra food. This job requires a resume/cover letter showing experience. I have low self-esteem, and can't see myself doing well in any potential job. I also have no skills, and a low-end of average gpa (3.0) as a junior.

The current blocks to this:

I'm living off campus, but have a 10 meal per week plan. I have no car, so I'd have to walk 20 mins one way to get groceries (which burns calories)

My mom gives me $200 per month, which I spend unwisely (weed and booze, plus emergencies such as having to replace computers and purchasing tickets to travel for holidays)

The house I'm staying in has no working laundry machines, so I have to do my laundry in a laundromat, which costs 3.00 per load. I don't have that many clothes, either, so I need to use the laundromat at longest every 1.5 weeks.

I'm taking Adderall, which will run out soon. I'm unsure if I can get a refill. It also has a side-effect of decreasing appetite, and since I'm supposed to eat around 2400kcal a day, it can damper my progress.

What can I do in this situation? I feel so powerless, and just stuck.

pic unrelated, it's the only pic I have on my new computer.
>>
Bumping, I kinda need help
>>
I don't get it. You described your life and then asked what you can do.

What do you want to do?
>>
>>18055344

Get a job first of all. Even if its only one day a week, still get one. If you don't have job experience, then just put anything you did during high school or college such as club activities, volunteeting, or anything else even slightly relevant to the positon. Apply for positions that don't need any experience such as fast food, retail, warehouse, etc.
>>
>>18055384
Ok, I'll send out my resume today.
>>18055383
I'm not sure where I should start. I guess The conflicts weren't clear in my OP.
>>
>>18055402
The do what you can. And stop making excuses for yourself.

>I can't work out because I can't afford extra food and its 20 minutes walk to the grocery shop

Do you realise how retarded this sounds? Just go and exercise. Its good for you. Give up on the all or nothing approach and just do the best you can.
>>
>>18055417
>Just go and exercise. Its good for you. Give up on the all or nothing approach and just do the best you can.

In the OP, I mentioned that I exercised before, to little result.
> I used to work out, for around 8 months, but I made little progress because I didn't track my diet.
I should've been more explicit, but I couldn't eat enough calories to see any gain in muscle mass, and I got stuck in plateaus that I never got out of.

Also, I currently can't spare any laundry to exercise, as I have no money to pay for it. I could rewear underwear and risk having the sweat smell permeate the air. I've been told I smelled like shit in the past.
>>
>>18055439
Its still better than nothing. How can you afford booze and weed but not laundry? Get your priorities sorted.
>>
>>18055417
And currently, there's several inches of snow outside.
>>
>>18055447
Because I make irresponsible decisions.
>>
>>18055466
Then don't. Start acting like an adult instead of a fucking manchild.
>>
>>18055472
I know I'm supposed to act like an adult, I'm just unsure of how to go about it.
>>
>>18055483

Come on now, you just literally listed all your issues and their solutions in OP. Now your just whining, because you don't actually want to do shit about your situation.
>>
>>18055490
Yeh, you're right. Sorry about that. I'm filling out an app as we speak.

I just felt overwhelmed at what I needed to do, and how to go about it.
I just wanna feel better about myself, really.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.