[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Money & Dating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: coins.gif (498KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
coins.gif
498KB, 1000x667px
Hi /adv/.

I took this girl out a month ago who I'm still speaking to. Our first date came up and I talked about how I ordered two tickets at the cinema and the man ended up printing me only one and I was too awkward to point this out. Before I knew it she was buying her own ticket. Anyway, it seems she was quite annoyed about it saying to me now 'oh, I thought you just did it because you were a dick', and it's made me really uncomfortable.

I'm 18yo and this is my first proper relationship. What do I do?
>>
>>18055108
You should man the fuck up and show people who is boss. Remember, the customer is ALWAYS right! If you bought 2 tickets, ask for 3! Say you paid for 3! GET ANGRY! TALK TO THE MANAGER!
>>
>>18055146
it's not as if he charged me for two
>>
That girl is shallow if she thinks you were being a dick because you didn't buy her a ticket on the first date.
>>
>>18055108
>and I was too awkward to point this out

How is this awkward? You can get a date, but you can't talk about how a wageslave made a simple mistake? Why the hell didn't you say, "oh I meant to order two" and the ticketguy would say "oh, my apologies, I'll print out another one" and then thats it.

What she said was not very nice, but what you did was stupid too. Next time just be more assertive.
>>
>>18055183
>>18055146
The not getting two tickets bit is not the advice I was looking for. It's what she's said about it now saying things like 'I've been thinking you were a twat ever since'
>>
>>18055208

Because you are a twat since you can't handle any kind of confrontation, which is absurd since you somehow managed to get a date. He made a mistake and you had no backbone to simply call out a person on a simple mistake, and instead of getting it corrected, you instead stayed silent.

So my advice to you is to grow one.
>>
>>18055223
Please! That is not the problem here. Stop talking about the bloody tickets. It's her reaction to it that I'm concerned about, I'm not quite sure what to do. I don't know how she's gotten so irritated by something seemingly trivial
>>
>>18055231
>I'm not quite sure what to do

What you do is learn from this experience so that it doesn't happen again.
>>
>>18055108
Sooo .. you land a date but can't speak up to what essentially is a ticket-robot when he makes a mistake .. interesting mindset. I can only tell you to tell her, that you was distracted by XYZ and caught the error too late, apologize and get over yourself. More of this kind of "confrontational" angst will get you nowhere you want to be
>>
if you ask anyone to do a thing with you that costs money you should pay for it unless you explicitly say you're not going to. what OP did is rude as fuck on top of not being a good date.
>>
if she doesn't end the relationship over it, you keep going with the relationship. And I can definitely understand her disapointment. Many women like to interpret things around them as directed at them, thats part of the normal crazy that women have.
>>
>>18055108
see>>18055240

Its common coutersy that if you specifically invite someone to a thing, that you should pay for them. I'd be pretty irritated if a sole individual invited me to dinner, and then had me pay for my meal.. It's a lot different when its a group because the individuals in the group are expected to pay for themselves, unless a person specifies they will pay for everyone.

Just apologize to her and get her something that she likes or whatever.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.