[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trouble connecting with women

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 趣味[1].jpg (172KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
趣味[1].jpg
172KB, 500x334px
I have trouble connecting with women. Most of the time I don't know what to talk about. It's usually basic stuff that anyone can say like what's your major, what grade are you in, what do you like, etc. but once that's all exhausted I don't have much to say.

I'll ask them about their interests but not really provide anything back to them. I don't have anything I can connect to them. I spend most of my free time lifting, coding, playing video games, and flipping through 4chan, Youtube, and Reddit. Nobody really talks about internet stuff offline. I haven't really found any of these so-called Gamer Girls™ and most of the games I play are male-dominated like Dark Souls, Age of Empires or retro games, so there's nothing really to relate to. Most of the movies and music I love are fairly obscure. My current goals are just to get through college and get some laid back IT job so I'm not super passionate about anything. I used to be into anime but I've grown out of it, nevertheless I joined an anime club but didn't really find myself fitting in with them.

There's not much I've done that's not obscure or male-dominated. I've seen Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad I guess. I know some famous Youtubers. I have a dog. I used to be somewhat skilled in drawing. That's it really. The few girls I dated were into stuff like k-pop, baking, and cosplay, and I sort of felt left out from their hobbies. I don't know if I should explore some more girly shit and go on Pinterest or Tumblr or something. Its been hard to find a girl that's both into the stuff I'm into AND somewhat physically attractive.

Is a relationship sustainable with very few common interests? Do I seem like a boring person? Am I just being autistic? Any advice?
>>
>>18053859
After growing into adulthood I've had the same problem, good thing I met my fiance in highschool

The only time I really connect with women now is through friends, which is what I think is the normal way to do it. Its way easier to have someone introduce you than to introduce yourself. Try to think of ALL of the people you know who are together/married, how many of them met through another person?
>>
>Nobody really talks about internet stuff offline.

I personally don't like talking about internet stuff in real life. Even talking about videogames with my friend in public feels pretty cringy and she goes deeper and talks about memes and shit.

I suggest getting a hobby and talking about that. Or you could talk about food. Literally everyone likes talking about food they like.
>>
>>18053874
I actually don't know, I haven't asked the few couples I know. I'm guessing most?

A lot of my friends are also the single type, and like half I only know online.

>>18053882
Yeah I don't talk about it much offline.

My main hobby is coding. I used to do digital art and animation, I could go back into it, eh. The food idea is pretty good.
>>
>>18053927
I didn't just mean your friends, I mean your parents, aunts and uncles, pretty much everybody meets their SO through a mutual friend
>>
>>18053859
>what grade are you in

HOW YOUNG ARE THESE "WOMEN"?
>>
>>18053936
Yeah, I getcha.

Here's to hoping my very few unattractive and/or taken female friends introduce me to someone attractive.
>>
Buy a 15-foot USB cord and shove One end in your ass. When you find the woman you want to connect with shove the other end in her ass then you will have connected with her
>>
people don't want to talk about your interests, they want to talk about themselves.
don't just say "what's your major" and then when they respond, say "uhh ohhh okay cool. hehehe.." ask them to expand. do they like it? what's heir favourite thing about it? how did they get into it? based on their answers you can further ask most questions about their childhood or whatever the fuck.
>>
>not asking questions that require a sentence to answer
>asking questions that can be answered with a yes, no or couple of words
>>
>>18053936
I only know how 3 people met their spouses and none of them where through a mutual friend.
>>
>>18054080
>>18054085
Yeah I think my communicative skills are pretty low, that might be a large factor. I'm always avoiding the possibility of being too forward and creeping them out so I guess I hold back sometimes.
>>
>>18054128
I learned to ask open ended questions in a sales job, since closing a deal required to search for a need in people the product fulfilled
>>
>>18054080
>people don't want to talk about your interests, they want to talk about themselves.

not me. i much prefer questioning others and hearing what they have to say.
>>
File: Ef4pq4R.png (178KB, 740x699px) Image search: [Google]
Ef4pq4R.png
178KB, 740x699px
>>18053859
You sound like me, except I'm a girl with no female friends. I have no idea how to talk to girls but I'd give anything for some gal pals to do stuff with. The only female friend I've had in the past 10 years doesn't even play the same kind of games as me (she plays Nintendo shit) or listen to decent music (she listens to J-pop and boy band garbage) so I don't even know what to talk to her about anymore, assuming it's the 1 week out of the year when we actually remember the other one exists.

So rest assured, anon, even women don't understand women.
>>
>>18054745

wow you're so unique that you just had to tell us all about it :) care to elaborate?
>>
>>18054813
no
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.