[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to leave town for 5 days without telling anyone where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: fumbles.jpg (123KB, 1233x1079px) Image search: [Google]
fumbles.jpg
123KB, 1233x1079px
I need to leave town for 5 days without telling anyone where I'm going. What's a realistic reason for this? Sort of looking for a one-size-fits-all excuse to cut town for 5 days. I'm a 24 year-old male, currently no full-time job.
>>
>>18032166
Well tell them you applied for a job and need to visit them. Also a good friend lives there and you want to spend some time with him. Or you just say that you are visiting him. Why do you have to leave? Just curious
>>
>>18032166

tell us the real reason so we know whats going on and the best way to coveri t up
>>
>>18032176
Everybody knows I would never take a job out of town. Plus 5 days? The friend thing might work on everyone except my parents.

>>18032189
I'm attending a 5-day event.
>>
>>18032215

what 5 day event? that doesn't answer the fucking question asshole. we can't help you cover if we dont know what you're covering for.
>>
>>18032224
Furry convention probably.
>>
>>18032166
Your seeing a man about a dog works for everything
>>
Just say you're taking a damn vacation and leave it at that. If they probe further just tell them to fuck off and don't worry about it.
You're a grown ass adult, given how concerned you are about your parents, I assume you still live with them.
Go get a fucking job and be a real adult man. Maybe you should start applying for jobs out of town so you can go start your life.
>>
>>18032224
Mardi Gras.

>>18032236
I don't. They're very attached to me, and don't like it when I leave town. Maybe you should work on yourself so you don't project your frustrations on anonymous people on the internet.
>>
>>18032447
That's a fun festival man I doubt youd have to lie about that unless all youre doing is going to strip clubs or some shit all week.

Go see a plantation or something while you're there. There's a lot of sightseeing to do.
>>
>>18032447
kek, only one projecting is you, since my "false" accusation really seemed to bother you.
Point still stands. Man the fuck up, youre your own person. If your parents are that needy they need to know what you're doing every second then you're not your own person.
And also, get a fucking job.

Text them "I'm going on vacation for 5 days, won't be able to use my phone much. Call you when I get home"
>Turn off phone

Done and done you manbaby.
>>
>>18032469
Not OP, but if that's very uncharacteristic of him, his friends and family would be very concerned. And honestly, if people in your life would accept you doing something like that, you probably don't have many people who care for you. You're talking big, but that's really not how people in the real world operate.
>>
>>18032491
If you're 24 years old and your parents are so overprotective of you that you can't leave and have a vacation without them freaking out, you're not living a good life mate.

The fact that he needs to lie and can't tell them he just wants to go have some fucking fun for mardi gras already tells us something.
I'd tell my parents in a heart beat, "I'm going to have fun on mardi gras, gonna be out a couple days don't worry. Call you when I'm home"
And they wouldn't absolutely fucking shit their pants and call the cops filing a missing persons report. Because they love and respect me enough to know I'm a fucking adult and can do what I want.
And you know what, I can't think of a single person I know who's parents wouldn't be the same way.

You talk big, but you're actually a sheltered baby. Go live a little goddamn.
>>
>>18032508
>And they wouldn't absolutely fucking shit their pants and call the cops filing a missing persons report.
You're clearly misunderstanding what I'm saying. If OP just texted them that he's going away with no explanation and no reply, THAT'S when they're going to worry. Not if he tells them where he's going. I think he should just tell them, but I do disagree with your advice >>18032469. That's why I responded to that post.

I honestly don't know why you're getting so worked up about this. This discussion doesn't require so much emotion.
>>
>>18032519
I still don't think my parents are that clingy to me that if I told them that they'd flip a lid. Hell, I live away from home and talk to them once a week maybe. They would never even know I was gone for 5 measly days if I never told them.
Doesn't mean they don't love me. Means they recognize I'm an adult with a life outside of them who is busy from time to time.
And I have many friends who are the same way, they're busy with jobs, school, significant others, they aren't talking to their parents every goddamn day.

Only one reading this with emotion is you, because it clearly hurts your feelings that much. I'm just stating facts man. If you're misreading my posts as being worked up that's your mistake. Idgaf. I'm just informing you all what you don't want to hear, and that's the fact you're all manchildren who rely on mommy and daddy too much. You're adults, go have a life outside your parents. That's the actual real world. Not your playpen where you have to ask mommy and daddy's permission before you can leave.
>>
>>18032459
Right, but I DO need to lie about this.
>>
>>18032549
Well I'm not convinced you can't just tell them you're going and there's nothing they can do to convince you otherwise but w/e.

You finished college or at least high school? Tell them an longtime friend invited you to stay for a few days. You might go to a parade that week happening downtown and that's really all you need to tell them. If they ask for more info say you don't know the details but he's a local he knows the area and shit.
>>
>>18032567
I COULD, but they would be disappointed in me. I have to be my own man, but I also want to protect them.
>>
My one and only bump. No matter how you slice it, there's rarely anything that forces somebody to leave for so long, unless it's really bad. I'm just hoping someone has an experience where they had to, and this reminds them of it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.