[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't I study medicine or biology? t. 24 old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1403015027266.jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
1403015027266.jpg
60KB, 550x366px
Why didn't I study medicine or biology?

t. 24 old computer engineer
>>
File: yvc6etyszxvx.png (85KB, 375x321px) Image search: [Google]
yvc6etyszxvx.png
85KB, 375x321px
IT field is full of money but it seems most of us lose our love or aren't grand autismo enough to stare at code/terminals 24/7.

Anon, I understand.
>>
File: 1483431888982.jpg (56KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1483431888982.jpg
56KB, 500x385px
>>18031412
> mfw tried to study premed and burnt out because I'm not a clever man.
> hated the idea of university

> 5 years later
> be scuba instructor and technical diver.
> Be invited by researchers to be part of a dive team/support team to collect samples/explore some reef etc.
> Help out over 2 or so years.
> One of the profs encouraging me to get a degree in bio, and apply for oceanographic institute.
> Doing undergrad biology at 26

Ayy lmao (?)
>>
If you have the money and the energy, go back to school.

I'm 23. I've been in college since I was 17, with one year of break. I do not have a degree. I barely have progress towards a degree. While my issues are more a mental health thing than a mistaken goals thing...I think the point is the same.

Life is too short to spend it not doing what you want to do most. If you hate the idea of spending the rest of your life in IT, don't. If you love the idea of studying some kind of bio, do it.

Yeah, you've sunk money and time into something else. But that's sunk cost, man.

By the time I'm done with my degree I'll have basically paid for at least two. I'll have spent my "best years" either in total misery or too busy to have much fun.
But the promise to myself that one day I'll be doing what I really want to do is the only way I can get up in the morning, face my shitty day job, do heaps of homework, and try my damnedest not to backslide.
It's the only light at the end of this shitty tunnel of a job I hate and a life I didn't expect.

Sorry to make it about me. I'm just saying...doing what you most want to be doing is always the right choice.
>>
>>18031412

I bet you'd be crying about why you didn't become a computer engineer, if you had gone into bio.
>>
should have either done ee or cs not the meme hybrid
>>
It's never too late
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.