[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I just ask someone out on a date? More specifically,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1472764510486.jpg (302KB, 1024x1654px) Image search: [Google]
1472764510486.jpg
302KB, 1024x1654px
How do I just ask someone out on a date?

More specifically, how do I just jump into it? Today I was going to ask my coworker out to...something (I don't really know what I would have asked her to). She walked past me and I turned around, and I was about to open my mouth and ask her out when I realized I didn't have any idea what to say/how to start it. So what am I actually supposed to say?

There was no conversation leading up to it, she walked past and I just thought "it's now or never". I realized that even if we had been having a conversation, I'd have no idea how to get to the topic of going out. Would it be too jarring if I just sperged out and bluntly asked her out?

I know this sounds autistic as fuck but bear with me, I've never had to explicitly ask a romantic interest out, even less in person.
>>
>>18031049
It's telling that you chose to attach the image that you did. You don't really want a date, do you?

Your story reminded me of something I just read:
"In the Freudian logic of dreams, an inability to do something-- being lost, stuck in traffic, something is missing-- represents contradiction. And when that inability is accompanied by a feeling of inability-- you're stuck to the floor, it's too heavy, you can't run-- it represents conflict of the will."
>>
File: 1474499104778.jpg (346KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1474499104778.jpg
346KB, 1280x1280px
>>18031070

lmao that's the first picture I saw that I thought would get people's attention so they would maybe read my question

If you're asking if I eventually want to have sex with a person I find attractive, the answer is yes, probably. but I came specifically for advice on how to ask someone on a date. if you're not here to help, please leave friendo

also

>2017
>freud

zozzle

what can you surmise about my psychology from this attached pic I randomly chose, o great psychoanalyst?
>>
>>18031086
Ok, so you're looking to connect with people (lady folk included) more easily. You can't blame me for reading into that suggestive of an image.

>Would it be too jarring if I just sperged out and bluntly asked her out?
Yes. What, in your opinion, does she think of you?
>>
>>18031104
Well, allow me to qualify my last response. You can go ahead and roll the dice. I've studied pick up artists extensively (never tried the methods). Their objective is to increase the odds of a girl being into them, and leveraging that to get her pursuing him. You can see why this would maximize their odds with a given girl, it makes her think she's the one winning him over.

Anyway, the first thing they do is to build value in the eyes of the girl. They do this in various ways, but basically: own the space. High value, ie status, is really just a matter of claiming/using space, if you read into it)

http://www.meltingasphalt.com/status-as-space/
>>
>>18031070
Could you tip your fedora any harder
>>
you shouldn't ask her out , out of the blue.

try to have a fun conversation first . get her smiling and laughing. can't do this? then you probably shouldn't be trying to ask her out.
>>
>>18031309
Listen to this anon. They're onto something.
>>
>>18031309

I did have a conversation with her where she was smiling and laughing, but it was earlier. A good half hour passed before I thought to ask her out and an opportunity presented itself.
>>
>>18031049
He, no way in hell I would ask her out. I don't consider myself to be ugly but I'm nowhere near that level of good. I guess it depends how you feel being with the person you're courting. It's up to you anon just take things weasy and slow.
>>
>>18032675
well, do it again then.
>>
>>18032716
easy*
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.