[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with having a bad rep in my university program?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0646.jpg (56KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0646.jpg
56KB, 940x545px
How do I deal with having a bad rep in my university program? I struggled with a few group projects and now most people think I'm pretty dumb, plus word got out that I did badly in first year chemistry. I feel ashamed and guilty and it's exasperating my depression
Pic unrelated
>>
>>18029918
>How do I deal with having a bad rep in my university program?
By proving that you're not that slacker who drags the whole group down and by proving that you're not dumb
>>
>>18029942
Yeah but it's not like I was "slacking" I found the projects hard and couldn't keep up with them along with my other courses, but I did actually care about the projects
Oh well
>>
>>18029958
Guess what? Other people have other shit going on too. You're expected to put in your share of the work regardless, just like everyone else. If that's your attitude, then I don't blame other people for looking down on you.
>>
>>18029962
I did work I just wasn't one of the big contributors or leaders of the group, I think
>>
I guess it's weird I just feel like I don't really even have the slacker life I went to like two parties all semester and don't have many friends and felt like I spent most of my time in the library. Maybe it's a matter of refining my approach to studies. Idk
>>
>>18030039
it could be youre just not that bright.

not being a cunt, just saying.
>>
>>18030039
It's not about the 'slacker lifestyle,' it's about whether or not you can contribute effectively to group projects and get good grades
>>
>>18030049
My program has a 4% acceptance rate and I got in
>>
>>18030054
Yeah I know. It seems like of the 4 projects so far there's no one unifying issue I faced, so it's hard to come up with some platitude. Maybe I'll just have to be more pragmatic next time around and be willing to sacrifice sleep more, since I never slept less than 8 hours
>>
>>18030066
Contrary to popular belief, it's perfectly possible to have a balanced life in college. You might need to work on your time management, but it's totally doable. I got through law school with a part time job, volunteer job, and my sanity intact.
>>
>>18030072
Yeah I think overall it's a matter of focus and time management since I felt like I would be working steadily and then find myself surprised when project deadlines started to draw close to midterms and stuff. Maybe more prioritized and goal oriented work instead of just saying "I'm gonna spend 7 hours at the library today"
>>
>>18030082
The thing that helps me the most is having a wall planner. A diary or organiser is great too, but I find a wall planner really helps me see at a quick glance what I have when, which then helps you see how much time you'll need to get an assignment done or to study for a test.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.