[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is my mental health always stopping me from building a future?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161104_214024.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161104_214024.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
Why is my mental health always stopping me from building a future?

I worked at Mercedes as a spray painter and I was treated like a piece of shit, I couldn't handle it more than 1,5 years there. Now I'm back home without a job and not knowing what to do.

I'm 23 years old, I should have had my own place and a nice car, a good job and a woman at my side. Instead I have fuck all.

Pic sorta related. I used to have these, but I had to sell them.
>>
>I should have had
By whose standards?
>>
>>18029322
Co-worker had all that and he was 24
>>
>>18029311
I'm almost 23 too and just finished my bachelor's degree and I don't have any of these either. I know what it feels like to compare yourself to others and feeling worthless. Fix yourself smaller goals and slowly build your self esteem brick by brick. A nice car, a woman and a good job won't necessarily bring you happiness. It must come from within.
>>
>>18029335
We were good work-buddys. We went out for drinks and he always had multiple friends there too.

I had none of this shit. I'm a disappointment to my family and to myself. I'm facing months of stationary treatment (the fuckin nuthouse) and I make up bullshit excuses when people ask me why I don't work anymore.
>>
>>18029337
You have a degree though. I was so fucking lucky to land a job at Mercedes with only a high school diploma. They gave me a chance and I fucked up in the end. Those who put me down still have their job and their lives and I have nothing.
>>
>>18029311
>I'm 23 years old, I should have had my own place and a nice car, a good job and a woman at my side

You quit your job and you're pissed you dont have money
>>
>>18029350
I didn't quit, I was fired because I started going at the people who put me down.
>>
>>18029326 #
Many people did. Many didn't and many had less than you. No point in comparing yourself to your sissy coworker, I bet you have or can do some things he can't
>>18029337
I'm 23 as well, finishing my master's. My friend is the same age as me and he's getting married this year, has a stable job and a nice car.
I don't have any of these. On the other hand I'm finishing a nice degree, know 2-3 languages, have decent savings and I don't have to work to support family. I also have some other strong points that he doesn't.
The point is, you are you, you don't have to compare to everyone else and should focus on accomplishing your goals.
I've been guilty of feeling bad comparing myself to others too, but it's pointless.
>>
>>18029356
>I was fired because I started going at the people who put me down
yeah, dont do that either. If you're going to work a low-skill job like painter, you're going to need to put up with eating shit, because your job could be done by a teenager, or a mexican, or a fucking robot. so if you're going to be a drama queen, you're going to lose that job
>>
>>18029349
I know it sounds cliche, but at least you put yourself out there and tried, Anon. It's better than what those NEETS at >>>/r9k/ have done
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.