[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Spoiled ungrateful siblings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1446601499776.jpg (513KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446601499776.jpg
513KB, 1920x1080px
>be the oldest of 4 children (M-M-F-F all 2 years apart)
>grow up on the line between poverty and low-middle class due to financial overextension to live in the nice part of town
>didn't always get what we wanted/needed (couldn't afford it) but parents would make an effort to get us the big things we liked, and to make sure we were fed, clothed and could do our school work
>honestly did what they could to set us up to have a good life

>be mid to late 20s adults
>2 middle siblings holding grudges against parents due to the perception that they never did anything for them
>both these siblings still depend on our parents financially
>make impulsive shortsighted decisions (like quitting jobs without another lined up, and dropping out of college), get stressed out and then blame my parents for failing to set them up for a good life
>by mouth will say "I know I know I'm responsible for my life decisions.. " (because they know I'll call that shit out every time), but it's always followed by a but
>go on to rationalize how their failure in life is my parent's responsibility
>i get fucking livid and completely destroy their entire argument down the foundation
>it doesn't matter, reason doesn't reach these people
>they go back to saying the same thing while simultaneously depending on my parents
>wonder how we could come from the same batch but they grow up to have these incredibly entitled attitudes while I'm more of the belief that all you're owed is the work of your hands and everything else is given by grace

How can I nip this shit in the bud? My parents are in the sunset of their lives and still having to endure the guilt trips of foolish adults who shit their own lives up and blame other people for it while having their hand out to take money
>>
Youngest child here. Oldest siblings are always over protective miserable shitd. Piss off and do your own shit.
>>
They have no incentive to change, so why will they? Unless your parents tell them to fuck off they're not going to address their behavior.
>>
>>18028817
>see a response to my thread on the advice board
>be happy
>it's a fucking shitpost

Every time. Thanks for the bump.
>>
>>18028770
How long do you think it'll be until your parents kick them out? It looks like they'll be in your hair until they hit 30. And even then, you'll still have to deal with them asking your parents for money. Honestly, I'd lose my shit and try to verbally tear them down until(hopefully) they commit suicide. There's nothing worse than an ungrateful parasite.
>>
>>18028770
You'd be better off reminding your parents of how grateful you are to have them, and how much you appreciate all your parents have done for you. Your words of gratitude and love may make them realise how self centered and bratty your siblings are, but you'll never stop your parents from doing things for their kids... Even if they really don't deserve it. They're emotionally blackmailing your parents, and it's up to them when they call the coddling quits.
Fuck your siblings, when they get into that mindset and start to rant at you, say- "Hey, I had the same upbringing and I'm happy. I don't want to hear you bash our mother and father, so maybe you should discuss this with someone else."
>>
My 35yo sister is in jail for pushing my mom down for not giving her a good life. Our upbringing was more rhan fine.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.