[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know who to talk to or what to do, but I guess I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8736.jpg (130KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8736.jpg
130KB, 2000x1000px
I don't know who to talk to or what to do, but I guess I'll start here. Last night, while on a car ride home I was trying to listen to music and nod off, and then suddenly my body starting feeling weird. I was listening to music, but it felt weird to listen to. I wasn't feeling anything from it. After a minutes and when I got home, I noticed I wasn't feelings any emotions whatsoever. No happiness, no sadness, nothing. I inflicted anxiety upon myself after eating a pot brownie that led to a panic attack last June. And now I barely felt anxiety. I haven't spoken to my family about this, but they do think, along with some doctors, though not officially diagnosed, that I may be a hypochondriac. I'm constantly worrying and freaking out about any little problem that arises. But even now, I find it hard to worry about this. It's hard to freak out about my current situation when I could barely express any emotion. Any attempt to feel good or laugh feel forced, but not totally false.
>>
>>18027849
Ego death, congratulations. Or - you mentioned your body felt weird, though - was it almost a floating sort of sensation? Out of body almost, as if you were not in the present moment? Or was it just the lack of emotion you experienced?
>>
I think what you're experiencing is cannabis induced depersonalization.

Look up the definition of depersonalization, and good luck.
>>
File: IMG_8738.jpg (57KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8738.jpg
57KB, 600x800px
>>18028133
It felt as if something inside of me was suddenly drained. I later realized it was my emotions. I sit down, think/talk to myself about both the good and bad things that have happened in my life and I break down and cry, and while I do feel some emotion from that it doesn't last very long.

>>18028142
That can happen even though I ate the pot brownie almost 8 months ago?

Though pic related is a meme, it actually represents how I currently am. I can still physically go through the day, but I feel a disconnect from the things I do and the people I interact with.
>>
You're experiencing real depression, this is what it's like and it can come out of nowhere for no reason. If positive life changes do not alleviate it you may need meds.

Either way seek out a therapist or counselor to speak to, they can help you figure out what may have caused this (if anything) and make suggestions on how to proceed, whether that is going to see a psyche than can prescribe medicine or something you can do on your own.
>>
>>18029157
Maybe. I'll try to talk to someone. Not sure if I'm ready to see a therapist, but I can see myself doing so soon. One thing I refuse to do is go on medication. I'm aware of the issues in my life and I'd rather confront them than suppress than with anything mind-altering.

I'm feeling a bit better today than yesterday. I find I can laugh a bit more. I worked out and had a healthy breakfast. I've been reading literature and watching videos. I will definitely be seeking some sort of help.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.