[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running out of ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1478306401209.png (762KB, 743x826px) Image search: [Google]
1478306401209.png
762KB, 743x826px
>20 yo, male, virgin
>student
>wide artistic tastes (writes poetry, music)
>well dressed
>does sports (martial arts, climbing, recently started powerlifting)
>intellectual (enjoys reading and philosophy)
>conversationalist
>well travelled
>psychonaut

Main problems:
>experiencing issues at university
>mood swings (highly energetic vs. depressed)
>working all these issues atm

I am running out of ideas here. I consider myself a well rounded individual, but i seem to not be 'attractive'. I have been told that i am an intensely interesting person to be around. But i cannot seem to attract girls and build 'chemistry'.

All the girls i end up trying to start smth turn out to be in relationships and older (usually mid-20s).

I know many people who i consider a lot more akward and have bigger issues than me, but are still more successful.

I have heard many times
>just wait, it is gonna come when you least expect it
but i find this disconcerting. Obviously there is an angle i am not seeing, where i could be improving.

Thanks.
>>
Why does the idea of virginity bother you?

I didn't lose mine until 24. I didn't give a fuck what people thought.

Focus on school and then work on finding a girlfriend.

Read some books on body language. You can tell pretty early in a conversation if she shows interest.

Go on as many "dates" as you can when you have time.
Don't call them dates, just hang outs. Elevate if you notice some interest.
>>
you sound kind of egotistical

to connect with women you just need to be able to relate to them. listen to their shit and try to be interested. seems like you're probably a lot more interested in yourself.
>>
>>18027479

>psychonaut
>mood swings
>>
>>18027515
The virginity is mainly a distracting factor.
The main issue i see is the lack of experience.

I do go on hang-outs often, but never had the feeling of smth which could become more than a friendship.

>>18027530
This rundown may sound egotistical, because i am trying to improve myself.

This is one of the 'mistakes' i made in the past. Enjoying too many 'girly' things and being able to relate too much is counter productive.

>>18027535
elaborate?
>>
>>18027544

you don't relate to a woman by trying to be a woman. you relate to a woman by understanding her from a mans perspective.
>>
>>18027546
Just to clear up confusion
>artsy
>fashion
girly things (not going out to buy tampons and shit)

If you are refering to 'understanding women' in terms of listening and solving problems, that is something i enjoy doing.
But i am afraid it makes you friendzoned quickly.
>>
>>18027554
>asks for help
>has all the answers

like I said, your ego is too big.
>>
>>18027557
Ok. I am sorry.
What do you suggest i do?

It probably just seems that way because people keep suggesting things i feel i already do.
But apparently wrongly.
>>
>>18027566
Probably an acquired sense of cynicism and bitterness at apparent lack of aptitude.
>>
>>18027566
from what little I know of you it really seems like you're just too interested in yourself. like you meet a girl and you want her to understand and appreciate you and validate you.

thing is, that is also what the girl wants. she wants you to find her interesting, but I imagine you trying hard to seem interesting to her. focus on the other person, let them talk about themselves, be interested , let them feel good. this will give them positive associations with you. when you do this, normal healthy people will reciprocate and want to learn more about you. then you have a dialogue and a positive interaction and they feel special and happy.

when your ego is too big, you don't leave any space for the other person to expand their own ego. try to work on that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.