[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the military a good career, or is it just for thick bootlickers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: military.jpg (460KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
military.jpg
460KB, 1600x1067px
Is the military a good career, or is it just for thick bootlickers who don't know how to make money?
>>
>>18026273

how are the two mutually exclusive?
>>
>>18026273
personally I leave for boot camp this coming up sunday and I'm widely considered smart by my peers and colleagues scored a 95 on my asvab and will be an avionics technician do I want to go to back to school for another few shitty years? fuck no. Do I know how to make money? clearly I do cause I'm joining the military where I'll get paid starting off at $17 an hour doing what I was gonna go to school for? Am I impatient or passionate? that's for you to decide
>>
>>18026278
exactly my point clearly 9/10 the enlistee is usually in it for the money so clearly that's one of the ways to make it
>>
>>18026286

it is a good career. but a good career for bootlickers. other people jump in, but it depends on how well you test. my friend took the asvab. he wasn't even good in school but because he scored well they trained him to be some geo political analyst shit who never has to leave california.
>>
>>18026273
I'd say it definitely can be. As a graduate it's my backup plan if I completely fail to find work. I can join as an officer but make sure you don't join as something that will see combat! Get a desk job or like me work in the labs or hospitals (biomedical scientist up in here)
>>
Entirely depends.

It could be good, and it could be the worst mistake of your life.
>>
>>18026292
bro when my 5 years are up there are plenty of places that would love to have me because of the certification I'll be receiving on top of that should I choose to re enlist after my contract is up I'm gonna be getting a fat 20k bonus because they know how much company want people with military experience
>>
>>18026340

like i siad, other people jump in
>>
File: 1485028879834.png (39KB, 103x125px) Image search: [Google]
1485028879834.png
39KB, 103x125px
>>18026282
>do i know how to make money?
>$17 an hr
>of course I do.

Technically some money, private.
>>
>>18026387
all legally earned money is good money
>>
>>18026402
I'd argue any money is good money. I'd also argue morality is more important than legality.

Someone operating a weed shop in Colorado is doing far less damage to the world than someone drone bombing US citizens extrajudicially or killing millions of civillians in wars waged against no real threat.
>>
>>18026273
I'll bump for you OP.

Collegd grad lookin to join navy possibly. Gotta get in shape first. Doesn't help that my libshit dad always told me military is bad, but now he can't since there are no jobs in my area that aren't dead end.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOV3X0dxed0

Btw. what good is money if you're dead?
>>
File: britain future.jpg (123KB, 650x604px) Image search: [Google]
britain future.jpg
123KB, 650x604px
>>18026414
Back to >>>/lgbt/ you go, kid
>>
>>18026464
Yeah, I wouldn't want to make an actual argument from your position either.
>>
>>18026469
The argument is that you're a cuck, it's pretty simple
>>
File: 1485117967433.jpg (21KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1485117967433.jpg
21KB, 460x276px
>>18026472
I know that's the argument you made. I'm talking about the argument you avoided.
>>
>>18026414
state wide that's legal federally it's illegal and personally marijuana isn't a drug but stuff like meth heroin etc is something I wouldn't want to make money off of>>18026426
as for you so what advice do you need? you're legal so your dad's opinion is irrelevant but once he see's you in your uniform looking spiffy on graduation day all parents change their mindset because it makes their kids happy and what more do parent wants than just that their kids happiness and knowing they're successful as for getting in shape are you just not fit or do you need to lose weight etc?
>>
>>18026516
I'm just hesitant since it's so drastically different than anything I've ever done.

I have a girlfriend as well (hear me out) and we've been together over 8 years and are going strong. I know that if I do this we can finally get married and live together while also getting help on our loans, but I won't see her as often and I will have to take her away from her small and old family.

Plus, depression and all that makes it hard to think or stay motivated.

Writing this all out clears things up s little. This is something I need to do, I'm just worried I won't be able to handle it.
>>
>>18026516
>federally it's illegal
Yes, so therefore under the supremacy clause of the constitution it is illegal.

>not a drug
Yes it is, and so is caffeine. Drug isn't a word meaning evil substance.

Also if you have a problem with heroin then surely you also have a problem with the overprescription of opioids despite that being completely legal.

This is why authoritarianism is for fucking idiots who can't think for themselves.
>>
>>18026273
>Btw. what good is money if you're dead
You are less likely to die in the military than a civilian of the same age. Yes combat is dangerous, no you're not often in combat.
Most deaths are due to accidents and the accident rate in the military is slightly lower than for civilians.
>>
don't ask military people about the military, same goes for the trades
$17/hr is good compared to flipping burgers and thats about it
>>
>>18026273
>thick bootlickers who don't know how to make money?
I loved the Navy.
I was a Nuke qualified officer in submarines by 23 and was making outstanding money. Way, way better than my friends.
My daughter joined the Army and didn't like it.
Both of my sons have joined the Marine Corps and love it. The money is OK, but they like the lifestyle.
My Dad was in the Army and liked it, but got out to become a professor.
His best friend was a lifetime Army guy and really missed it after he retired.
I have a great deal of respect for all of the above people, so I'd have to say it's a better career than average.
>>
>>18026273
It's a decent career, but it depends on what you're doing.

It only really becomes boot licking if you are brown nosing.
>>
>>18026282
thats cute, i remember when i was a boot, talk to us when you ETS.. its meh for career, you will see alot of people who deserve shit, get more than you, you will see women go from Pvt to SSG in under 3 years. you will see ass kissers get what ever they want... that leaves you who does everything to get shit. if you want a career out of it you join the Coast Guard or Merchant Marines. You can go nasty girl or reserve, atleast you can also work on your civie life and still do 20 years.. to each his own i geuss.
>>
>>18026557
>i like people who served in the military therefore it's a good career

I guess the critical thinking skills required to get in the navy is pretty low as fuck
>>
>>18026727
thinks respects=like
is a dumbshit
>>
>>18026273
both
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.