[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop ruminating about the past? It's been two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nvyx6iofot1uhpjuao1_500.jpg (83KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvyx6iofot1uhpjuao1_500.jpg
83KB, 500x600px
How do I stop ruminating about the past?

It's been two years since she dumped me. It was only a brief thing but afterwards I tried to be friends as we had mutual friends. This was a mistake and I started seeing subtle remarks dropped about me or stuff to goad me in social media groups. It got to the stage were I said this was just making me more unhappy so I cut her and the mutual friends out of my life.

The stuff I think about now isn't about I want her back or anything like that. It's the shit she did and said. It just makes me feel angry and powerless. I feel like I was punished for dumping her but she dumped me.

I've done stuff like improving myself and making new friends. Generally I am happy but my mind does wander back to those months after being dumped and how shit I felt. I don't know if this is normal but I know I don't want anymore of my time wasted thinking about her especially since I can't change the past.
>>
>>18025930
Pick up your pieces and find someone new
>>
Sounds like you can't get over it even if you try, right? Maybe what you need is closure. Talk to her about it and ask why she acted like that, maybe you'll get an apology or maybe you'll figure out what made her act shitty.
>>
>>18025966
I tried before I cut her out of my life. Basically asked why she was being like this as she had tried to exclude me from events with mutual friends. She gaslight me, said she didn't want to talk about it anymore and that she couldn't be considerate of the feelings of anyone but the people closest to her.
>>
>>18025978
Then I guess she's just a bitch, I'm sorry. If she doesn't respect you or your feelings at all then cutting her out was a good choice. You could either be a dick and do the same thing to her, or just keep doing what you're doing and try to get your mind off it. You said you've tried bettering yourself, if you're single try meeting new people. I'm sure you're bound to meet someone to help you move on
>>
>>18026012
Yeah I guess I keep thinking about it as I wanted to know why she decided to be like that. Guess I'll never know and need to accept it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.