[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a housemate has just moved into the place I rent. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Chinatown.jpg (828KB, 1330x748px) Image search: [Google]
Chinatown.jpg
828KB, 1330x748px
So a housemate has just moved into the place I rent.

It's a place where each room is responsible for his/her own tenancy agreement, meaning we don't pool the cash for the house, so people are coming and going quite frequently.

The latest dude who has just moved into the room next to mine is, luckily for me, a drum n bass producer on the side.

I make my living as a freelance writer so I do a lot of work from home on my desktop. This guy seems to use at least 5 hours a day blasting his produced tracks through professional grade speakers that are placed right against my wall divide.

He's only been here for 6 days and he's done it every single day before he goes to work, and frankly, my patience is wearing thin having to listen to it all the time.

I have some pretty good headphones but even they don't cover the sound of bass that constantly vibrates my wall.

If I want a nap in the afternoon? Forget it. Little things like that are really pissing me off.

How's best to approach this issue? He seems to really be keen in producing and honestly, the tracks sound quite good. He doesn't seem like a bad guy but I haven't gauged his personality well enough yet to figure out if it would upset him to complain about it.

What do?

Thanks /adv/.
>>
>>18025502
"Hey, can you please use headphones while working on your music? It really makes it hard for me to work if you play music so loudly"
>>
>>18025504

This is probably what I'll have to do, but I don't want to be that guy who 'bans' him from using his obviously professional grade audio equipment that he uses to get his career off the ground.

Seems like he's actually got quite a professional website etc with a relatively well followed soundcloud, so I dunno.

I'm stuck between not wanting to cause beef and not taking what's clearly lack of regard from his side like a fucking pussy.
>>
polite bump
>>
>>18025513
invite him out for a drink, socialize, be friends with the guy. work out a schedule where he doesn't bother you between X and Y hours, and where he is allowed to bother you

Compromises muthafucka, it's fucking magic
>>
File: IMG_20161002_175812.jpg (79KB, 640x580px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161002_175812.jpg
79KB, 640x580px
>>18025502
Anon, just ask. An ok human being would be fine with that. He is probably wondering if he is being too loud. He is just waiting for somebody to ask.
>>
Talk to him up front politely. I live in an apartment with two noisy neighbors. The second noisy neighbor moved in recently. The other last year. The first neighbors were always noisy, but I was afraid of confrontation so i never said anything. I let it eat away at me for months until one day they were running the vacuum at 2 AM and I sperged out and pounded on the wall and screamed at them. They didn't stop. They got worse. I called the police and filed noise complaints, and filed complaints with the landlord. Still nothing. Now we're in a feud and they actually broke into my girlfriends car (pretty sure it was them, no video evidence tho).

Second neighbor tho, i didnt wanna make the same mistake. One night he was on his porch smoking a cigarette and I just introduced myself and explained that we had thin walls and that I like to go to bed at 11:00. No problems since then, and I have a friend in the neighborhood
>>
>>18025647
This.

And on the off chance he's a total dickwad about it and tells you to fuck off he'll do whatever he wants, complain to the landlord. Check your lease too, there's probably something in there about excessive noise. Or at least, every fucking lease I've ever seen in my life has had something about it.

As someone who's involved in the renting business, your landlord is likely going to want to keep you, someone who has been renting from him for some time and can be trusted to pay his fucking rent, than the newbie that's not only causing problems for current tenants, but will likely deter future tenants.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.