[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find at least a little purpose in life? Up until now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1384216509846.png (280KB, 501x368px) Image search: [Google]
1384216509846.png
280KB, 501x368px
How do I find at least a little purpose in life?

Up until now my life has been completely unremarkable except for the fact that most of my life I've been alone. People simply don't seem interested in talking to me and I can't find the courage to talk to strangers on a casual level. I'm not autistic or anything and I want to believe I'm not ugly but it just seems like people simply don't want to acknowledge my existence. I've got no friends and I spend most if not all of my time playing videogames and ignoring my studies. I've got zero motivation to succeed because I haven't once tasted what it's like to enjoy life. My life has only been a depressing series of events, starting with losing my father at 13. I haven't got a single shred of life experience, no happy times I can recall back to, and no family members to share my feelings with because they don't care to begin with.

I'm 20 now, in my third year of community college pursuing a field I know I will be absolutely mediocre in. I just want someone to talk to but nobody seems interested in what I have to say or how I feel. It feels like I'm completely invisible to other people. I'm absolutely miserable. None of my dreams will ever come true and I will end up spending the short time I have on this earth living a nonexistent life unless I can find direction in my life.

I'm blogging here like a whiny faggot because I've got nowhere else. 4chan has been my only friend for as long as I can remember.
>>
>>18025230
We're not your friends
>>
>>18025230
Find a hobby, any hobby, and stick with it.

Take up guitar, that's what I'm doing. I dunno how to play it, and I found it in a dumpster, but I'm trying.

That's how all hobbies start, right?

Anyhow, find something easy and relaxing, like hiking. Or gun manufacturing.
>>
>>18025230
Just bee urself
>>
>>18025230

get a girl pregnant,
>>
>>18025230
go to r/trp and start reading. ignore the random low-quality bullshit and concentrate on the sidebar and the endorsed user content
>>
>>18025232
>>18025235
>>18026163
This is why even /b/ is a better place for advice than /adv/. Lmao fuck this board. OP it might make you feel better to know that there are hundreds of guys just like you with no direction and no purpose. And complaining that nobody cares doesn't help, because it's true, and you likely won't be able to change that. People only care about men if they have something to contribute to the world. It's up to you to find your calling. Find something you care about. Anything at all, politics, videogames whatever and find groups of people and talk to them. Online or in real life. Talk to people, learn about them, conversate, find living people to exert your energy on it's the only thing that stymies the self defeating thoughts.
>>
>>18025232
This. That said, find comfort in solitude. Work towards something. Can't think of anything? Try every new thing until you find something that fits.

I'm not going to say that doing this will solve everything, make people more drawn to you, or whatever. That isn't the point.

The point is finding comfort in being with yourself. Think about it - if you can't enjoy your own company, then why would you expect others to?

Work on yourself first and foremost. Others don't matter - don't even think about it. You'll be shitty at whatever you try, but everyone starts that way.

Learn to appreciate the little things; they can really add up. Who cares if your dreams won't come true? Maybe they weren't the right dreams to begin with. Maybe it's time to pick a new goal in life? The dreams don't change, but you do. You'll grow and adapt as you age.

This may be a rough time, but everything is temporary. Remember this, remember how you feel. Try to work towards feeling the opposite of that, and you'll truly appreciate happiness for what it is instead of it being some mass-produced normie-tier fake happiness that's scattered about facebook, instagram, and social media.

Peace and Love, I hope you find your happiness.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.