[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend told me tonight that she was molested by a family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1486096678413.jpg (13KB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
1486096678413.jpg
13KB, 332x332px
My girlfriend told me tonight that she was molested by a family member as a teenager. Its made me feel less attracted to her and now all of her cute quirks seem like red flags. Am I wrong for this?
>>
It's not wrong to think differently about her quirks; that's just human. But she opened up to you about something that probably really hurts to admit, which means she trusts you, and you should honor that.
The main thing I would watch out for is emotional manipulation- abused people sometimes mirror the behavior of their abusers in an attempt to regain some sort of power. If she ever tries to do that, shut that shit down quick.
Otherwise, just stay strong. She couldn't help that it happened to her and you shouldn't judge her for it. Just know that if the relationship doesn't work out, it's not your fault.
>>
File: C3d96XMW8AAPSQ8.jpg (129KB, 939x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C3d96XMW8AAPSQ8.jpg
129KB, 939x1200px
>how dare you break up with this hundred story pitfall!
>Over 9000 replies and 350 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>18024982
I dont know what kind of form that manipulation would take, but ill keep an eye out
>>
yes? can't believe i'm the first one who's said it but you're a piece of shit and you need the noose
>>
>>18024957
>Am I wrong for this?

No, dump that used up slut and find some grade A meat.
>>
>>18024957
If she told you she had been robbed once and was now less confident on the street at night, would you think less of her?

Don't blame the victim.
>>
>>18024957
Kek, my ex once told me like 1.5 years into the relationship that she was raped by her step father as a child. I always thought she was just prude and shy up to that point, but started thinking more of her as damaged. Sounds dumb but she basically was, even if she was just the helpless victim. You can't heal her, but by being a good bf she'll gain trust and confidence again
>>
>>18024957
If you dump her now or treat her any differently, it's just going to encourage her to never tell this sort of thing to any future guy she dates.

Don't punish honesty, OP.
>>
lol youre an asshole thats for sure

Hope she dumps you and finds a better dude
>>
>>18025491

Really? No he isn't, aslong as he doesn't do anything stupid
>>
Dump her or prepare for a life time of her playing the victim.
>>
>>18025484
Yea, i assumed the same thing about her. I thought he reservedness and her loyalty were all positive aspects and now she seems mentally fucked up. Its tough to accept it completely.
>>
>>18024957
I'd totally embrace her and acting caring,hold her tight and ask how I can make things better and tell her everything is alright with me

...As I distance myself emotionally from her. There is no doubt she's negatively affected by it, so act as if her honesty only deepens your love for her while actually insulating yourself for when it happens
>>
>>18025491
>having an involuntary response to new information makes someone an asshole

ROASTIELOGIC
>>
>>18024957
kill her lol
>>
>>18024957
>she was molested by a family member as a teenager

She was probably asking for it
>>
>>18024957

You can't control feeling less attracted to her, but you need to realize everyone has their problems. The fact that she came clean on that to you should have brought you closer together, not further apart. You need to have a shittier life so you can truly appreciate her openness. I hope she leaves you for your own good and hers. You need the lesson.
>>
>>18026832
Reinforcing this.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.