[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Security Job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: kill me.png (15KB, 469x331px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.png
15KB, 469x331px
So I'm a 6'2'' NEET who is obese but doesn't appear so because of my wide shoulders and stature.

Parents want me to get a security job, said they'll pay for my classes and fees to get a license, so I can get the job, I'm 20 and they want me to get my life going already because I dropped out a few times.

Any advice in this area? Its for New York State, but is security as great as they say it is? No idea where to start, I'm looking in the local area for the 8 hour course for NYS.
>>
You'll be fine.
There's so many aspie weirdos and assholes in security that you'd have to be fucking insane not to find somewhere you fit in. My brother worked security for 8 years, started as a peon and moved up in his company to upper management. Had a lot of fun times, had a lot of good and bad co-workers. Job was overall pretty easy since authorization is limited, so are responsibilities.
>>
>>18023312
I thought about the same thing. I saw so many sissies, nerds and old men in security that I said to myself that I could certainly do it too. I'm 6' and 165 lbs with a slim but toned build, so I guess I would already present better than half the applicants, and the job seems easy if somewhat boring and badly paid.
>>
>>18023375
Physical attributes have no bearing on the majority of security jobs and your ability to do them. There are exceptions of course but for the most part security personnel will never face any actual physical confrontation which requires them to overpower someone. Partially because most people won't resist or cause an actual threat to you, and also because most of the time your hands are tied for legal reasons so you don't "hurt" them.
>>
>>18023312
I used to be a security guard in NY what did you want to know? I only did it for a year before moving on to ems, but when I first got my license I applied to Securitas and US security and had a job from both within the week.

>Is security as great as they say it is
Well the nice thing about it is if you work nights people leave you alone and you can do studying for school while at work. It really depends on where you get assigned.
>>
Been working security for about 4 years. Make okay money.
I was an overnight guard for a little over 2 years. It worked since I was a night owl. Sure you might get some shitty locations, but eventually you get a really nice one where once you learn to fly under the radar you can take it easy.

For those 2 years, I did nothing but watch anime, play vidya, read books and study math. Asideal from the physical exhaustion, it was pretty comfy.
Now I'm working a bit more, still find ways to slack or hide myself away from the cams and just read or watch anime.

You really don't need shit to become a guard. Do it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.