[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

College Parties

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

How do I get invited to college parties, find out about them, and get friends to come with me?

I'm a Freshman and I spent first semester studying for most part and turned down invitations to go out and party.

I'm friendly with people and will usually get some "Heys" while walking around campus, so I'm not some social autist. But I feel like a lot of my closer friends in STEM aren't much party-types hence why I don't really know much about parties going around.
>>
>>18021790
Is it cool to just crash a party by myself or invite some friends over to crash one if I overhear about one?
>>
>>18021790
Normies generally tend to use Facebook to plan events. Add a few of them on normiebook, get Chummie and you'll probably see a random invite every once in a while to some party. In all honesty though you will probably be bored after 3 or 4 of these 'party's' they all tend to be the same
>>
Inviting 2 or 3 friends over , getting high / drunk playing Vidya and fucking with the neighbors is way more fun
>>
>>18021911
I never seen anyone plan parties on Facebook, except maybe for a frat party and I'm friends with a decent number of normies.

I just more want to meet more people and hookup with some girls. I've managed to get with some girls outside of parties, but it's a lot of effort and want to try more my luck at parties
>>18021916
I don't drink or smoke because family has bad history with that stuff
>>
>>18021931
Guess they all just don't like you enough to invite to to their party , sorry anon, you're fucked. In this life you can only have the opposite of what you want.
>>
>>18021916
>>18021911
I've been invited to smoke or drink with some guys, but I don't smoke and I don't have a fake.

I guess I could get a fake, but I don't really know what I would do while everyone is smoking.

I could just drink something non-alcoholic I guess at a bar.

I don't know, maybe not drinking is holding me back socially. I've had people who wanted to do shots with me at party, but I've turned them down because i don't drink.

I know true friendships aren't really formed over drinking, but I feel like that's common way to at least make some bonding. I really can't drink though because family has long history of alcoholism and I would probably end up like one if I started.

Any advice?
>>
>>18021935
No, I really don't think kids at my school use Facebook for parties. I think it's more word by mouth than anything, that's how I've found out about ones in the past.

And I've been invited to do stuff with them before. See: >>18021939
>>
>>18021790
Ask.

Ask a roommate, neighbor, guy in your class.

"I've got a light weekend coming up. Know of any parties happening?"
>>
>>18022377
When should I try ask this? On a Wednesday or Thursday?
>>
>>18021939
Why pretend to smoke and drink? People are going to catch on very quickly and it will just make you look strange. Be upfront and tell them.
It will probably be better for you if you don't start drinking, but don't be afraid to try some drinks. People love to watch someone do something for the first time. Just have the self discipline to not buy drinks when you're alone.
>>
>>18021935
>You only want the opposite of what you have*

FTFY
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.