[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I control my temper?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1424231766302.png (18KB, 255x218px) Image search: [Google]
1424231766302.png
18KB, 255x218px
I'm a calm dude by a large margin but sometimes when something just feels off, I instantly get angry. For example if I'm talking to my girlfriend about something I feel strongly about and she doesn't sound interested (replies with "mhmm", "I see", etc), I immediately blow up on her. It just really pisses me off when the person I'm talking to doesn't seem to be seem to be paying attention but when people talk to me, I do my best to be attentive to them because I don't want them to feel what I feel in those instances.

But I want to control it, I don't want to always be volatile especially to my girlfriend. How do I contain the anger or what can I do?
>>
>>18021033
Bumping so we don't 404 while I reply
>>
>>18021033
>>18021206
Anyhow, I'm naturally inclined to blowing up and I usually keep my temper under control but as soon as I'm with my gf I find I get angry much easier because I think that its just gf she won't do anything I can treat her how I want. Before you try to keep it under control you gotta find out why you blow up in the first place, as exploring it can often help resolve it, which in my case ended up being that I get angry at her because she makes dumb decisions and doesn't think sometimes and therefore I had to think about things from her perspective and realize that she can't help it because thats how her natural path of thought flows and therefore she doesn't deserve to get yelled at for being her. As far as the attentive thing goes, some people show attention in different ways anon, and if shes normally more attentive then just talk about it to her. Think about their point of view and wonder why they would be like that at that given moment of time. Also another thing that helps with anger outbursts in general is I imagine what someone else would look like if they did what I did when I'm angry and often the sheer embarrassing thought of realizing what I look like is enough to make me stop. Hope this helps
>>
>>18021222
Thanks anon, I should try to proactively start doing that!
>>
>>18021255
Its hard starting but eventually it'll flow naturally. Good luck future zen master!
>>
The best advice I can give you is to learn breathing techniques that help you calm yourself. When I know that my anger might get me in trouble I take BIG breaths and hold it for a while and blow it out completely and slowly and just walk away.

Also, literally half my family take up martial arts to help take out out frustrations. Anger issues are prolific among my family. So you should think about taking up some sort of a physical activity.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.