[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Changing myself and taking control of my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1465570680990.png (358KB, 1000x840px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1465570680990.png
358KB, 1000x840px
I've had a reality check recently and I'm tired of living this life of failure, regret and sadness. I'm not content with how I currently am and act.

I wish to change my self deprecating, self loathing, undecisive, insecurre, unconfident self of mine and become a more positive, happier and motivated person.

I want to become disciplined, throw away distractions and become more attractive, personality wise but also appearance wise e.g. eating better, looking after myself better and loving myself and not disagreeing with others compliments.

I wanted to ask the people of /adv/ who've been in situations like this or have changed their life around for the better. What can I do, what's things you recommend.

I wanna study harder and discipline myself to study for school and the languages i learn for hobbies but also to work towards a better future for myself. I'm tired of procrastinating and hating myself.
>>
File: 1459095286695.jpg (41KB, 847x473px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1459095286695.jpg
41KB, 847x473px
Bump
>>
Read The power of habit by Charles Duhigg to start with
>>
>>18020843
Will do, ty for the recommendation.
>>
First of all, congratulations!
I don't know what to say next, there are several resources out there which have helped me, I think a nice tip is to know that you alone are responsable for what goes on in your mind. Right now you might be used to self-defeating thoughts, so it may be hard to change that, it will certainly not happen overnight. But you do have to make the decision to switch from those thoughts (artificial in nature) to more positive thoughts. To knowing you're not worthless, that you can do what you set yourself to. Know that we all fail and trip all the time and there's no secret but get up and keep going, even though it'll be though. This morning I heard Jim Rohn say "just endure it". It may seem unfair and you may ask "why me" but in the end the only thing to do is to keep.going.
Be aware of your thoughts, realize when you are putting yourself down, saying such things as "I can't do this", and realize that that is really just an artifice of your mind which you've been feeding for years, a spook. And then change it for a more positive attitude, believe in yourself, I'm 100% sure you can do it, you are only human (and so is everyone ese who has succeeded in any way).
So yeah, most importantly, make that switch.
Now some resources. There's a book you can gogl called "Self Discipline in 10 days", it is at least worth the read, and it did help me personally. Another one is "As a Man Thinketh", I think this one is especially good.
For motivation, youtube has a lot of good motivational videos, some "classic" motivational speakers have a lot of wisdom to share: Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins, Les Brown. Listen to them, listen to them often to let the mindset sink in. It really does help for motivation.
>>
>>18020858
Thanks anon. I'll check out these books too and also straighten out my mindset. I'll listen to them now.

appreciate it man
>>
Personally, exercising was one of the best things i have ever done. It thought me discipline and consistency. It also helped me greatly with managing my anxiety and depression.
>>
>>18021104
Not currently in the financial position for gym sadly, so I may have to work out a callisthenics routine at home daily.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.