[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one cope in life with having a low IQ? Everyone seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1486208353717.png (328KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1486208353717.png
328KB, 1536x2048px
How does one cope in life with having a low IQ?

Everyone seems to assume I'm a lot smarter than I actually am. Psychologists/Therapists are utterly useless since they will just tell you you're not stupid.
>>
>>18020350
Look man, this bothered me for a while too. Mine Is 115, I have math deficits. Accounting for that It's around 130. Still, I was a teenager full of hubris and that 115 fucked me up, for stupid teenager reasons.

Later I studied IQ further. and this is the best metaphor i have. IQ Is like cup size. A higher IQ means you can fill the cup further. But most people don't even fill their cups fully. You have an 84 iq, your spelling and grammar is what I'd expect from a fluent and a man of average intellect. In short, keep learning, fill your cup to capacity the brain is complicated, and I've seen people get 85's due to being tired and then retaking and getting a very normal score. So do not feel bad, study and learn everything you can and you will be totally and completely fine.
>>
>>18020350

There are, at the very least, 12 different kinds of intelligence:

> Spatial
> mathematical
> social
> verbal
> tactical
> musical
> artistical

etc
etc
etc

IQ tests only test for a fraction, you can be gifted in other regards and still score low
>>
>>18020350

I wouldn't let it bother me if I were you. IQ really doesn't mean anything.
My IQ is 148 and i haven't done anything useful with my life. I know for a fact there are people with your IQ in top positions.
>>
>>18020363
I try to learn with the help of anki, but my memory is still unbearably god damn awful.

I can speak well (whilst being pretty much a shut in outside my job) but it feels very hollow to know i'm full of shit/hopeless when it comes to anything requiring an inkling of intelligence or abstract thinking.

>>18020376
I don't know where I stand in these other areas.
>>
>>18020350
A bit of history:

IQ tests were invented around 1900, mainly to have a "scientific" justification for declaring people retarded and institutionalizing them.

As they became widely known, the public took them as measures of intelligence in general.

This began to be questioned in the 1940s and was completely discredited by the 1970s. One scientific study after another showed that some people are just cleverer than others at 'psyching out' multiple-choice tests and guessing the answers without knowing them.

In effect, IQ tests measure only one thing - your ability to take IQ tests.

Today no school, college, employer, court or any other reputable institution uses them.

But they remain real in the minds of the uninformed public. The main reason is that there does seem to be some rough correlation between a 'high IQ' and doing well in school.

And then someone pointed out that doing well in school has a lot to do with being good at taking tests.
>>
File: Guide to Success.jpg (708KB, 1068x1258px) Image search: [Google]
Guide to Success.jpg
708KB, 1068x1258px
>>18020350
between two people who have the same starting positions in life, the two factors that truly decide who will be more sucessful (excluding accidents/bad luck...) are intelligence and self control/willpower. And self control has been shown to be way more important than intelligence http://www.businessinsider.com/what-one-thing-can-determine-whether-or-not-youre-successful-in-life-2013-7?IR=T
it doesn't matter if you have an IQ of 140 if you never move your ass, if you don't go outside, if you don't take the initiative.
Set goals, write down ways to achieve them and write down the very next steps to make. Then do them. Self reflect and write down everything. Build routine, build habit, build willpower, build character.
You can do it man
>>
You got dealt a different hand, do like everyone else and try to make the best of the situation. Don't stop learning just because you are learning slower pace, you are still way ahead of those who chose to not learn.

Exercise, work on your relationships, eat healthy, sleep, and learn. Hopefully happiness will follow.
>>
>>18020424
IQ isn't everything, but it is telling that every genius of the 20th century that took an IQ test did well on it, and in places where they still kill people for witchcraft it is on average 75-85.

OP doesn't seem like an idiot, maybe he has a learning disability, not an actually low IQ.

OP try taking a ravens matrice
>>
>>18020350
The trick to succeeding in life with a low IQ is to develop your sales and interpersonal skills. While it's true you will never be making multi million dollar says where you get like a $2mil commission, you can still sell other products to individuals and still make like $100-$200k a year. Sales is all about trust, and people are more likely to trust someone who is less intelligent than more intelligent, since someone who is more intelligent is very likely to take advantage of their intelligence at the detriment to their clients
>>
>>18020565
>people are more likely to trust someone who is less intelligent than more intelligent
A smart person could easily recognize this and just act dumb though.
>>
>>18020350
Read the quote about PERSISTENCE.

It's all you need.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.