[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips on being incognito in public

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 464556777.jpg (11KB, 235x210px) Image search: [Google]
464556777.jpg
11KB, 235x210px
Hi everyone, lately i've been getting a lot of social anxiety when on public transport (buses and trains), as well as in crowded areas. Does anyone try to feel isolated because of their anxiety and if so, what are some of the best ways to go about it. Should i change my wardrobe to hoodies, hats and glasses?
>>
>>18020170
As one who doesn't have this degree of social anxiety, just dressing in a vaguely similar manner to other people in the place you're in is probably enough. I (and most people, I suspect) don't bother scrutinizing everyone in a room with more than ~10 people, or even get a good look at them. I couldn't accurately describe like 90% of the people I walk past.
>>
>>18020170
black clothes mostly, just black shirt black pants this will stop unwanted friendly fucking hellos you randomly get, frown a lot, stick to corners with your back to the wall. Being incognito is almost the same as living in paranoia.
>>
Anxiety disorders are best treated with exposure therapy, dont start doing things to avoid certain circunstances because of your anxiety or it will worsen.
>>
>>18020170

stop smoking weed
>>
so you think every time you step outside random people make it a priority to stare and examine you? foolish.
>>
>>18020170
Try roleplaying. You're not you, but a secret agent trying to pick the spy out of the crowd. Or a talent agent looking for a particular type for a part in a movie.

Or play a game - five points for each redhead, 1 for each bald guy, minus one of anyone with face piercing, etc. Beat yesterday's score.

Or just people-watch. Guess at each person's profession just from their looks, or the relationship of a couple sitting together.

They're fun games in themselves, and they take you away from thinking about your anxiety.
>>
File: 1468983542266.gif (983KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1468983542266.gif
983KB, 500x364px
>>18020251
>definition of living with real anxiety and social issues.

good job shrinkanon
>>
>>18020170
Just deal with it, you fucking whimp. To be quite honest, people don't care about some lonely fuck, because guess what, they have their own fucking problems that they need to worry about. Sure, they might stare at you and judge sometimes, but you need to learn not to give a fuck about what others think of you or will say about you.
>>
>>18020346
Jesus Christ, this is autistic advice. Please do not follow any of this OP. I swear this guy has to be a troll
>>
The more you go out of your way to be 'incognito' the more conspicuous you are. The more normal and average you look, the less likely people will notice you.
>>
Op here, cheers for the advice, it means a lot
>>
>>18020170

If it's sunny, sunglasses are best.

Eye-contact tends to be one of the worst things when it comes to social anxiety. It means they can see you.

Basically, you actually want to restrict your own vision as much as possible to avoid looking at people (it helps). So wearing a baseball cap works well.
Hoodies, yeah, but you will look like an edgy teenager.

Gotta be subtle and cool about it. Only wear shit if it's appropriate.
There's no excuse for hoodies, get a coat or jacket instead.

>>18020234

Bullshit, black and red are natural warning colours, BUT THEY ARE ALSO A FASHION CHEAT SHEET. Everyone looks good in black and red.
Looking good = attention.
You condition means all attention is bad attention.

Grey, brown, earthy "boring" colours, avoid logos, buy cheap.

The goal here is not to be the most edgy looking angsty fucker around. It's to be the most non-descript, boring, eventlessnes person in the history of the world.

Aim for boring. Not edgy.

Be the fucking museum when everyone wants to go to the theme park instead.

People notice edgy. People notice people who clearly don't want to be noticed.
The key to invisibility is to be completely unnoticable.

Learn to make droll small talk. everybody notices the weird quiet guy, and nobody trusts him.
>>
>>18020234
I never get hellos..
>>
Loose clothing, no patterns or flashy logos, resting bitch face.

Works for me. Works for you.
>>
Running shoes, black or blue slim (not skinny) jeans, grey or white t-shirt, some boring carhartt jacket
Maybe a baseball cap or sunglasses

There you go
>>
File: 1375770204757.gif (785KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1375770204757.gif
785KB, 400x225px
>>18020170

>Should i change my wardrobe to hoodies, hats and glasses?

Yes. Dressing like a serial rapist is definitely a great way to ease your journey through modern society. I don't possibly see how making people afraid that you have a fucking bomb on you won't help you successfully navigate human interaction.
>>
>>18020564
He can't "just feal with it", because it's entirely irrationak, it just happens in his mind. What do you think why it's called "mental illness". People like OP are the ones who really suffer and most of you have this warped view of mental illness, because every idiot nowadays self-diagnoses with 15 diseases.

As for OP, maybe you should try medication, at least short-term, until you've figured a way to cope out.
>>
>>18022430
Don't mind all the typos, I'm really tired.
>>
I dunno, I feel like being one of those slippery types of people is more of an innate thing. The way you move, the way you mould into crowds. It seems to just come naturally for a lot of people.

In a way, you kind of just want to be as insignificant as possible. Don't have any non-average features. If you're tall, you'll stand out. If you're excessively fat, you'll stand out. If you're excessively skinny, you'll stand out.
If you look at people, it'll seem like you're open and you'll make a better impression. If you try too hard to stay out of sight, you'll draw more attention.

It's just a weird technical balance.
>>
>>18022430
Oh please, he's just a whimp that thinks other actually care about his mere existence. What he should do is change his mentality first and foremost and get some self-confidence.
>>
>>18022654
>just be confident bro
got any more shitty advice like that?
>>
smoke cigarettes
don't dress up like a criminal teen
>>
There's a reason hitmen don't dress in hoodies - they attract attention, they don't deflect it. You need to dress exactly like everyone else if you want to be invisible.
>>
>>18022714
It may seem that way, but little amount of confidence goes a long way, faggot.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.