[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think depression is finally starting to hit me, I feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I think depression is finally starting to hit me, I feel like it has been somewhat hidden for a long time.
I don't really enjoy anything anymore, don't really have fun, have no hobbies. I go to School and when I get home just watch YouTube all day.
I have no real motivation, or any ideas what I want to do in life. I'm also practically good at nothing, like really.
I am thinking about starting to mess with electronics (Soldering, modding, and just DIY) Hopefully that works out well at least.
>>
Thanks /adv/
>>
Hey anon, I struggle with major depression. Are you depressed or just feeling down on yourself? Depression is feelings of low self worth, no desire to do anything you enjoy, and feeling darkness all around you and inside of you, in short, it consumes you. Being sad or down is just that.

If you are depressed, share how you're feeling with someone you trust irl. Trust me on this one anon. I tried for over ten years to get out of my depression mostly alone with a couple of people and it didn't work. In fact, I got worse. Things are better now that I've got my family involved and I see a therapist once a week and a doc twice a month.
>>
>>18019215
Almost everyone is afflicted with depression at some point. Go on walks gather your thoughts or clear your head. Work on making things like your electronics etc this can bring satisfaction. It is easy to destroy but creation is something in itself.
>>
>>18020152
I go through little bouts. Yesterday I was feeling like absolute shit and today I feel good. I still don't have fun or have hobbies and shit though. I don't have a lot of interest to do anything.

>>18020158
Yea, I totally agree. Everyone goes through it. I wish I lived in a comfy rural area, some walks there would be great.
I thought about doing the electronics thing to keep my mind busy, and at least have a hobby that I can dedicate some time too.
>>
>>18019215
I more or less went through something similar during my high school years. What I found really helped me was branching out and trying to make friends, taking initiative and asking to hang out with people, etc. It feels pretty fucking shit at the start (especially because I was pretty much a social shut in at the start and had no friends) but I was tired of feeling like how you feel now.

It'll seem shit at the start, but trust me it's worth it.

I'd also recommend picking up leisure reading. Honestly it's really good to keep your mind occupied imo (I never really thought I would like reading until I fully stuck to it)

Messing with electronics is also good. It's all about occupying your mind and feeling like you are doing something productive, whether it's in terms of developing a skill or being more social
>>
>>18020167
I know a lot of people, and am cool with them. I only hang out with a few people now. Nobody ever hangs outside of school. As far as making new friends, I don't know. My little group is great because there is no drama, or any stupid bullshit, it's great.
I used to smoke weed and that got me to go to the park at least once a week but I do it very rarely now.

I think messing with electronics and collecting old hardware and software can be a good experience for me. I am going to go to the thrift store today and see if I can find anything.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.