[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anxiety with toy collecting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170203_195424.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170203_195424.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
My mom came in and saw pic related, and I don't know why but I suddenly got extremely embarrassed and tried to get her out of my room.
I instantly told it was from an anime, then she immediately ask how much so I told her that it was £18 for each (actually £30) and she said "thats dear, isn't it" (WTF)

Then at half ten (at night!) my dad reminded me to brush my teeth, then suddenly my mom comes in asking me to show my dad the figures.
MFW https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XUZ8N9mCzLQ [Open]
(Also I used collect mlp but I sold it)
Why is this happening, please any advice.
>>
It's not the toys on their own, it's those plus the idea that you can't look after yourself. If you were a professional young guy, smart suit, semi-high end apartment this would not happen. You could put them on some corner somewhere, say they are collectable, say you like them, no one would care. It's the fact that they think you're slightly dysfunctional that gets them saying wtf.

Unless they are really old fashioned, some some pink toys to your 70 year old grandma and she might not get it.
>>
>>18018492
Don't have an anxiety attack over them caring about what you buy. Your parents probably waste money on stuff you think is stupid but they like. Everyone either collects or invests in something that others might find funny or werid just brush it off really, it shouldn't matter to them what you buy, it's YOUR money.
>>
>>18018584
I know but It still bothers me, like what should I do when my dad sees them tomorrow
>>
>>18018883
Well, without over exaggerating explain what your dad is like in a few short sentences. For example my dad is a veteran, works hard and all that shit and I have a couple of figs mixed with a pinup and he gave 0 attention to it didn't care just said ok
>>
>>18018894
in a nutshell: Hates wasting money, works really hard at his job (eye dr), he grew up with not a lot of money.
Also he would rather give Christmas money to charity
>>
>>18018492
try not caring what others think , meditation would help !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLjelIPg3ys

plz watch , it might help !
>>
>>18018922
Well, maybe the whole wasting money thing might get ya a little bit. I'd say just play it off really depending he may just assume since it's your money it's your loss or the other end of the spectrum would be a lecture from him. There's no real reason to give you a lecture other than just to push his views/beliefs to you and even then it's still your money. I'm not saying to just not give a shit about what your parents say but just let them know you should have the right to buy what you want with your money you earned again we all waste it in our own guilty pleasures
>>
>>18018492
how old are you?
did you buy this with your own money? do you work? are you studying right now?

if you bought with your own hard-earned money, your parents should not give you shit for it. sometimes it's hard to go against your parents' perceived values about things like money, but they gotta realize you want to enjoy your hobbies. it's those little things that make life enjoyable for those moments.

but if you're like 25+ years old, and still bumming off your parents without a job or if you're not in education, then get your shit together man.
>>
>>18018959
Im 19 and I get a monthly allowance
>>
>>18018998
oh kek, yeah your parents are gonna tear you a new asshole.

they probably expected you to use that money to buy food, books, and responsible shit like that. i know my parents were like this. any frivolities i wanted needed permission.

why not get a job? it'll ease your conscience and your parent's disappointment.
>>
>>18018492

When I bought my nendo my mom asked

"Aw it's so cute, did a girl friend gifted you that"
"Ah, uh, yeah, sorta"

That's it. You could keep the fluffiest teddy bear in your room but if you say it's a gift from a grill it's all A-OK.

Also, she's your mother. She already knows that you're a weird awkward young adult with less than socially acceptable hobbies. You gotta own your shit. Who cares if it's girly? You like em. If someone gives a shit they can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>18018492
I showed my anime figures to my parents and my aunt. Bought them when i was in japan. Mom was really excited about the trip. She kept bugging me so i would post more pictures on instagram when i was there.
>>
>>18019037
How is anime girly?
Its weabo tier, but girly??
>>
>>18019053
tell me how many anime have girls as the main characters
>>
>He isn't anxious enough to actually refuse to buy any figures in the first place even though he wants to because there's a chance his parents might see it
>>
>>18019053
Well let's see, what does OP have? Pink, check. Frilly dresses, check. Cute animal mascot, check. Anime as a whole isn't girly but Madoka definitely looks girly.
>>
>>18019375
Yeah, Madoka is a very girly. cheery, happy-go-lucky easygoing lighthearted comedic show, after all :)
>>
File: C3lNb8eW8AQ5vAJ.jpg (69KB, 1081x720px) Image search: [Google]
C3lNb8eW8AQ5vAJ.jpg
69KB, 1081x720px
I used to be the same way. Collected a fuckton of pic related (still have em, love em, and buy shit for em). Moved back in after school (saving a ton of cash) and started getting flustered when my parents came in my room. I knew my dad had his thoughts but I got through it when he saw I got my shit together. Just get your shit done and you'll be fine.

Or you'll get used to it, I have pets so having parents/friends/family in my room so often streamlined that feeling for me too. Don't even care I have statueshits or "dolls" out.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.