[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feeling safe in the house

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1422116426722.jpg (14KB, 160x119px) Image search: [Google]
1422116426722.jpg
14KB, 160x119px
One of my roommates just moved out and took the dog with him. She was a pitbull and made me feel comfortable that if someone broke into my house and saw her barking, they'd probably jet.

My other roommate spends most of his time at his girlfriend's place.

This is really the first time I've had the place all alone since I first moved in, and even that was just a couple of weeks. In that time, someone came into the house - nothing was stolen, but I think they were squatting here before I moved in.

Is it unreasonable for me to ask my roommate to text me when he's going to be home late? last night he came in at 2 AM and I practically had a panic attack when I heard the thumping around.

Additionally, any tips to make me feel safer alone in my home? I've got a gun, but I don't wanna pull a gun every time I hear a weird thump or the wind blows.
>>
>>18017624
>In that time, someone came into the house - nothing was stolen, but I think they were squatting here before I moved in.

This sounds like paranoid delusions. But I do have a solution for you: Get your own dog. Easy.
>>
>>18017633

I saw the person come in. They ran out.

They came in through the sliding glass door, so I know it wasn't someone who had the wrong house and I left the front door unlocked.

The problem about getting a dog is that I really don't want to be responsible for its overall care. I don't mind feeding it and stuff like that, but being responsible for walking it, getting it someone to watch over it while I'm on vacation, vet bills, cleaning up its shit, all sounds awful.
>>
>>18017683

Did you see them? Call the police man. Put bars on the windows. Put a camera or some shit.
>>
>>18017694

This was five years ago now. I installed a special bar on the sliding glass door and of course had a dog for a long ass time, so nothing ever reoccured.

The guy ran out saying "sorry" and was kinda scruffy looking, thus why I think he was just squatting. I live in a pretty nice area, although there's been a recent increase in crime, especially robberies, of late.
>>
>>18017624
Buy a gun

A cz75 compact 9mm is like 400 bucks and you can load 19 hollow points. It's low recoil and hollow points will fucking kill whoever is in your house. They expand outward in a cone shape and are banned from use in war. You can spray 9mms at an intruder and if just one hollow point hits they will be fucked up or dead.
>>
>>18017824

I already have a gun - I just don't wanna go fucking Rambo on my roommate when I hear my front door opening at 2 AM on a weeknight. Looking for other safety options or trying to see if it's overbearing to ask my roommate to text.
>>
>>18017832
Huh, being a girl must suck. I'm never remotely afraid when my room mates come home in the middle of the night.
>>
>>18017624
Asking him to send you a text just before coming home is not too much, its either that or you shoot him in the dark.
>>
>>18017854

I'm a dude. I'm not afraid - if it was 2 in the morning on a weekend, I'd be cool with it, or if I was expecting it, I'd be cool with it. But to not see him for 9 days and then have someone in my house suddenly at 2 AM? That's different.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.