[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's my first month in my first job. I've made 3 mistakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: )3B{J7$N4V0_P)5RR4OJTU9.jpg (66KB, 671x570px) Image search: [Google]
)3B{J7$N4V0_P)5RR4OJTU9.jpg
66KB, 671x570px
It's my first month in my first job.

I've made 3 mistakes so far, but only 2 caught anyone's notice.

The first mistake was I was told to publish something on our webiste at midnight (awaiting press and I forgot. Luckily the other person who works on the website had automated it, so no one realised that I had forgotten.

Second thing was I accidently changed some text on the website (not knowing it worked). they warned me against doing that.

Third thing was I sent an email to an external person, without sending it to my boss first. My boss told me off for this quite angrily saying that I could have risked our working relation with that person.

How do I not make anymore mistakes. I'm completely paranoid about work now. I feel bombarded with new information and I keep forgetting things and I'm never sure about whether I'm doing things right.

How do I make sure I don't make mistakes, without seeming like someone who struggles with the most basic of tasks.
>>
>>18017222
you again LOL
>>
>>18017236
yes
>>
>>18017222
First of all, EVERYONE makes dumb mistakes when new on the job, and yours don't seem all that awful.

It seems from your account that the company is particularly concerned about its public face, and things that are seen outside the house. So be very careful with those. Any time you are working with anything that might be seen by customers, suppliers or just the public, take extra care - and if you're not sure about something (like who to send an e-mail to), ask someone.
>>
Try not being an asshole in the future
>>
>>18017222
Kek, I remember you.
Well, if you're clueless, the only way to stop making mistakes is to learn from them.
Also, in doubt, ask. Don't be afraid of looking dumb, its better to ask just I'm case.
>>
>>18017222
You read your manual / remember your training. That's pretty much it.

It's just like knowing that stealing is bad after society tells you that it is.
>>
Nobody starts a new job doing every task perfectly. Just try not to repeat the mistakes cause thats what gomma get you in trouble. A lot of people have tolerance towards new employees so theyll let a couple mistake slide by as long as its not something major.
And dont think as every task simple, cause that causes overconfidence and it more probable that youll overlook stuff thinkon you got it.
Whent doing something, try to remember what they told you, on how to do it. Always ask .
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.