[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

0 confidence, negative social skills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1376021654004.jpg (250KB, 780x591px) Image search: [Google]
1376021654004.jpg
250KB, 780x591px
every time i have to talk to someone i dont know i fuck it up. im either stumbling over words or say nothing because im in my own head

even demonstrating things i know how to do i doubt myself and end up fucking up

/adv/, how do i get out of my own head and stop psyching myself out/?
>>
>>18015767
/adv/ plz
>>
>>18015767
Keep at it. You'll get better with practice
>>
I used to do this kinda stuff all the time. DESU you just need to develop this indifferent attitude towards what people think of you. Become indifferent in general. If you're planning to do something in front of someone, or talk to someone important, literally just DO NOT think about it, talk about it, or think about it beforehand. Don't rehearse in your head, don't plan out the conversation or whatever. Distract yourself from it any way possible. I've found that makes everything happen naturally, and it works out much better than it does if I rehearse and dwell and get myself all worked up. Along with that, talking to people and making small talk takes a lot of practice. So just know, you probably won't be very good in the beginning, but the more you do it, the better you will be. Look up some small talk techniques, like the FORD technique. It takes practice to be decent at talking to people.
>>
>>18015931
>literally just DO NOT think about it, talk about it, or think about it beforehand

how do you do this? that sounds almost impossible
>>
>>18016058

Everyone is playing the game of life setup for them by the government and over-seeing hand. Everyone is equal. Nothing you can achieve in this life time is greater then what another could achieve, because in the end, the earth will no longer glow with light.
>>
>>18016075
hows that supposed to make me not think about it
now im just slightly depressed
>>
>>18015767
Yeah, the best I could say is keep practicing. Keep pushing yourself to talk to people. No matter how small the interaction, the more you do, the more used to talking you'll be.

At least, that's what worked for me. I couldn't talk to anyone I didn't know. It all began with me slowly making small talk with the cash register at a Little Caesars down my street whenever I went to go get Pizza.

At first I could barely even order anything, but slowly over time, things became easier. Eventually I started making small talk with comments like "How's your day been going?" or "Has it been pretty busy today?".

Over time, things have become much easier for me in social interactions. I'm not completely perfect and sometimes I do fuck up during a conversation, but it's a lot less often than before.

Keep trying, Anon. You'll get there eventually. Godspeed.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.