[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Money or Morals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1451808561349.png (717KB, 1015x987px) Image search: [Google]
1451808561349.png
717KB, 1015x987px
I am facing a huge moral dilemma; please advise.

I recently began a job as a car salesman at well known auto company. My associates are making 15-20K a month. I was intrigued by the money because I am currently broke but I recently found out that the reason they are making so much money is because they are straight up scamming and hustling people left and right for more than the "moral" appropriate amount a dealership should profit from a car sale.

I'm a naturally sensitive, loving and caring person and my managers have taken note of this. They claim I need to stop being a customer advocate and need to start focusing on making money for myself and for the business. They tell me, "fuck the customers, fuck them." Well, I can't.

I cannot scam people out of thousands of dollars because it goes directly against my morals and values as a human being and although the money is tempting, I just cannot do this to another human being.

HOWEVER, if I do not do this and if I quit my job, I will be broke and unable to pay rent and therefore homeless and unable to feed myself. I don't know what to do anymore, please please please help. It's going to take at least a few months to find a new job and I just do not have the savings to sustain that.
>>
>>18013406
Suck dick on the streets for cash.
>>
>>18013408
You're worthless.
>>
>>18013413
It's just a suggestion.
>>
>>18013406
Just do what they want you to until you can find a new job.Sounds like even as a far as car salesmen go they are pretty shady. People really should be smart consumers and shop around properly first though. I mean they should know that they are going to try to sell the car for as much as they can possibly get.
>>
Do you have anyone to stay with? If not, I'd take the job and save enough money to quit and pay rent while looking for a new one.
>>
Get another job. You aren't the right fit for sales and marketing in general, which is all about scamming people.

If you can't find another, you have to adapt to survive. Most of the working world is immoral, and if you work in any city, it's not just immoral but fairly cutthroat. You get used to it after a while.
>>
Listen, a car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. You are not forcing them to buy the car. If they want to pay less they can ask, and if they don't like it they can leave. While some people are naive, in fact most when it comes to car purchases, they're adults and it's their responsibility to get a fair price. It's not your job to coddle them, you're there to make money.

Also, if you can move a higher volume of cars at less of a profit, but obviously still some profit, then you can feel better morally yet still make good money.

Lastly, the finance guy is the guy who is really going to fuck them, and they're the ones without morals.
>>
>>18013406
What the hell did you expect? Why did you think car salesmen had such a shady reputation in the first place? The whole business is a scam. Do you think that people wouldn't just buy from the company if they didn't have a choice? The only reason 'car salesman' is even a job in this day and age is because dealerships lobby to make it illegal for you to just go online and buy a Honda from Honda.com or whatever, so they can continue to be a useless middleman. Your job is a sham, either embrace it or find something you feel comfortable doing.
>>
>straight up scamming and hustling people left and right for more than the "moral" appropriate amount a dealership should profit from a car sale.
that's why they're salesmen and not cashiers. it's the whole job.
>>
>>18013406
> 15-20K a month
this can't be. that is the equivalent of nearly a $400k salary. your car dealer co workers don't make more than surgeons.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.