[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Introversion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Can an introvert like me, who enjoys time alone, and does not prefer many social outings, with the exception of solitary outings hiking/fishing ect, find a companion?

How do introverts find a partner, when my very nature is to withdraw from social outings that "drain" all the life out of me.
>>
we don't
>>
>>18012991

the first and m most important thing is to not disregard every little thing because people are there. nerds claim to hate people but go to nerd conentions where the are surrounded by them. remember that preferring something doesn't mean tahts all you need. i prefer chicken alfredo but i know better than to eat it every single day.
>>
>>18013024
I don't go to any conventions, I go to work and I go home. I don't need chicken Alfredo analogies too see that the chances of me finding someone are near 0 because I'm not very social. But I know there are girls out there who are also introverted, but unlikely to even meet each other due to just that, lack of social interaction.
>>
>>18012991
Sure. Introverted girl here, never dated an extrovert.

Online.
I met all the guys I dated online. Either on nerdy forums or on dating sites.
I am super picky when it comes to online dating.
>>
Just improve yourself and stop worrying about it. I met all my gf's at times in my life where I wasn't looking for a relationship. Every time I chased girls I got laid a lot but never met any girls I wanted to date.

Improve yourself and the right girl will come into your life when you least expect it. Focus on earning money and doing pushups in the meantime.
>>
>>18013070
I'm ok with that, but I don't want our relationship to be exclusively online. I have a few close friends that I hang out with and it's no big deal if no one's talking and it's never awkward. I'd like someone like that, just of the opposite sex. I'm adverse to online relationships, because I don't want to be emotionally investing in something/someone I will never meet.

>>18013073
I advocate self improvement, definentily.
But at 24 and never having been in a relationship ship, you get to wondering if the grass is greener on the other side. I will follow your advice but in reality it's only a distraction.
>>
>>18013086
I didn't have online relationships.

We met online, talked online for a bit, then met in real life and kept dating like a normal couple.
I just don't really meet people offline because I dislike social gatherings.
>>
>>18013067

decide whats more important. not going out once in a fucking while or getting a girlfriend.

cuz what you are describing isnt introversion.
>>
>>18013091
What would describe as introversion then? I don't believe it is a this or that scenario, like this anon said
>>18013090, it is possible. She didn't go out and has found multiple people without needed to go out alot.

I think it has more to do with the fact that males generally must persue a relationship, in contrast to females who generally have multiple options available.
>>
>>18013154
>it is possible. She didn't go out and has found multiple people without needed to go out alot.

You have to admit that it's a little different coming from a female perspective. Their profiles on dating sites get swarmed with applications and so they get to pick and choose from the heap, like an employer filtering through resumes

I'm not OP, but I think we are probably quite similar in lifestyle going by how he claims to only work and go home, which is what I do, so I know where he is coming from.that will never lead to anything obviously. Back in the day, it was much easier to do this kind of shit online. at that time, instant messaging and account based online communication was still a staple of everyday life. It's clear that now that most people like OP only stick to anonymous forms of communicating so there is no way to form any bond with anyone.

you will have to go to one of those cancerous old school forums, tumblr, maybe even chatango. Anywhere that permits the use of avatars and profiles. Network from there, make yourself stick out and eventually a 3d will show up with an inexplicable interest in you. You have to advertise yourself, make yourself available like a meat product on the shelf at the supermarket and stick around in the community for a long time.
>>
pretty sure you can find one. Basically try online dating and look for interesting profiles, talk to them and if you have chemistry it will work out, even if you are honest.

Personally started out very introverted (on the Mayer Briggs score) now I am in the middle between introversion and extroversion. It's a lot easier dating another introvert, because you understand each other and its not one pushing and the other pulling
>>
>>18013154
>>18013180

I actually rarely reply to messages, I prefer usually messaging first. I am too picky, I prefer choosing over being chosen.

But, yeah, forums are better in my opinion. Much more relaxed.
>>
>>18013154

introverted literally just means you recharge wtih alone time. it does not mean you only work and then go home.
>>
>>18013091

I agree with this. Im an introvert, but I enjoy hanging out with close friends/family occationally. Now in those ocations, sometimes there will be an extra 'friend-of-a-friend' or somebodies cousin or whatever that will tag along. Try to make an effort to meet that person, you are among your confortable peers overall so you should feel relatively at ease there. And yes, it takes a fuck-ton of work to make friends of either sex.

Make sure you are not just "hiding" behind the label of an introvert to avoid making an effort/ risk making a mistake

Its ok to go out! Its ok to be uncomfortable! I its ok to make mistakes! remember that the only way to not make mistkes is to do nothing at all.
>>
>>18013223
Pretty Sure introverted means yes, you do gain energy when alone, but many introverted people avoid large social situations aswell.

>>18013227
I guess I'd rather walk the path of life and stumble into someone, rather than forge a path blindly for that sole purpose.

>>18013204
I don't think I will ever use a "dating site" as it has to many assumptions and pretenses attached, also the fact that everyone knows everyone intentions, feels rigged. I'd much rather meet them in an environment that is less staged.
>>
>>18013325

avoid, yes, but that doesn't mean that they NEVER socialize.
>>
>>18013337
I guess I was exaggerating a bit then, I do go out on occasion and do things with friends but that's in the weekends normal week is just wake up, go to work, get home, relax till bedtime, repeat.
>>
>>18013344

yeah thats more normal, and great. so you know just going out and meeting people isnt a big deal, find niche groups and yo uwont feel like a spazz
>>
>>18013348
I do its just I have literally 0 interaction with the opposite sex unless it is work related, my niche group is a fucking sausage fest so that doesn't help.

I think my only option is to do something on my own and hopefully meet someone I like also doing it.
>>
>>18013351

thats what i meant when i said find a niche group, not your group of friends. go to meetup. or look at your local hobby shops. they usually have events and if they dont you can convince them to try and host one. it will be mostly men of course, but if you're not willing to go out of your way to meet women you do what you can.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.