[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I get over my first love?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

My first girlfriend of 8 years (started dating when we were 18, we're both 26 now) broke up with me 4 months ago and 2 months ago she got in a new relationship. Fucking destroyed me that 2 months after breaking up she's already forgotten about me.

How can I move on fast like her? I still love her after 4 months even. Don't know how she turned off her feelings like that. Honestly makes me angry also. She says she still 'cares' about me but at the same time she's just fucking another guy.
>>
>>18012675

normally i say get over it but 8 years is quite a long time, thats almost a decade, potentially 1/10th of your entire life. thats a lot to put behind you.

she hasnt forgotten about you though. i think about my great EXs almost every day, even if i instigated the break up.

>how can i move on fast like her?

by pushing yourself to have fun. prove to yourself that life is good, and shes not required. then you'll realize that partnership isnt required, but if partnership ISNT required that means moving on to a new girl is no big deal, because who you date doesn't define your happiness. you do.
>>
>>18012679
Yeah, I'm trying to get out a lot and meet new people, go out with old friends. Even slept with a new girl an hour after New Years. But when I'm lying in my bed at night or sitting alone in the evening at our old flat (she moved out) it hits me like a truck full of feels and I realise I'm not over her yet. I'm just trying to block thoughts related to her and not think about the other guy fucking her or putting his tongue in her.
>>
>>18012699
Been there.

What would definitely help is if you meet someone interesting. One night stands, fucking random women, it will NOT help. It makes you feel even more lonely. But what helped me forget about my ex was when I met someone interesting, someone I truly got along with. I slowly developed a crush on her and we are in a relationship now.

Did I completely forget about my ex? Nope, you can't forget someone. But I don't think about her anymore.
>>
>>18012699
Don't think about the other guy fucking her, that's the path to insanity bro. Yeah, he's fucking her now but you fucked that hole for 8 years. Her prime was when she was 20-25. When she's 30+ no one will want her anymore. You fucked her during the period of her life when she was at her most beautiful. You finished inside her without condom and shot your sperm all the way in her uterus before anyone else had a shot for 8 YEARS. Any guy after you is getting the leftovers.

Good day.
>>
>>18012716
Where do I meet interesting girls at my age though? I'm not in college anymore. And most girls I meet through Tinder I'm not interested in because there's not 'that' chemistry with them that I want.
>>
>>18012726
>Tinder

Most women who use Tinder are not the kind of people you want to meet.

Try to go out more with your friends and expand your connections. The more people you know, the more women you can meet through them.

You can use Interpals. It's a website that focuses on friendship rather than dating, so women who use that website are rarely trashy/slutty.

As a last resort you can also use Okcupid.

I should also note that I've had 3 relationships so far, and I met two of them through Interpals and one of them on Okcupid.
>>
>>18012733
>Interpals

Isn't that supposed to be for sending letters to different countries or am I misunderstanding? I'm very sure that the girls on it aren't slutty but it doesn't sound very feasible to date a girl from another country.
>>
>>18012739
Nope, you misunderstand it. There are people who do what you just described, but most people use it to meet interesting people online. You can use it to meet people from your area too.
>>
>>18012675

Most likely she's been moving on for much longer than two months. She didn't lose feelings for you after the relationship ended, it happened before the breakup. That's why relationships end. Give yourself time and you'll get there too.
>>
>>18012675
You don't.
>>
>>18012789
Why not? His girlfriend also moved on really fast.
>>
>buy bath robe
>buy vodka
>stop bathing
>become alcoholic
>buy deck chair
>sit in front of house drunk
>shout at passers by

this is the only option!
>>
>>18012699
Find a new apartment?
>>
>>18012803
Not him but she's with someone else, doesn't mean she moved on. Only way she moved on already is she stopped giving a fuck about him long ago in the relationship.
>>
>>18012675
time is the only thing man. just try to keep living. live for yourself for now
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.