[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

All we talk about is university-related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (169KB, 500x496px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 500x496px
I've been talking to this girl I'm interested in lately but 99% of the time all we talk about is classes, assignments, professors etc. I've never been very good around girls and she isn't exactly a talkative girl, she's more the studious quiet type so I feel kind of stuck. How do I make our conversations more interesting and engaging? I want her to laugh when we're talking and miss me when I'm not there
>>
>>18012399
>and miss me when I'm not there

Wow. If she doesn't miss you already, then you aren't gonna make an impact with a few choice phrases from /Adv/.

Is she into you? Are you you two JUST classmates?
>>
>>18012399
Current or classic movies, music, TV shows, local gossip, coming campus events, etc. Any of these can open a whole new line of chat, and also set up possibilities to invite her to something.
>>
>>18012405
We're classmates but I only started talking with her around two weeks ago. I wish I knew wether she was into me or not, she's a very polite girl so it's hard to tell if she's attracted to me. I try paying attention to the whole body language/signs of attraction meme but it's not helping I'm only getting mixed signals which confuses me further. I want to ask her out but I don't think we're close enough yet and as I mentioned she's the quiet studious type, I don't think I've ever seen her hanging out with a guy
>>
>>18012418

So, after TWO WEEKS you want her to "miss" you. Aren't we moving a little too fast here?

Ask her out if you want, because that's going to be the best way to know if she is into you. A warning, though: How are you going to have a date with her if you two can barely talk? A date isn't going to make talking about classes more interesting, mate.
>>
>>18012429
>A date isn't going to make talking about classes more interesting, mate.

I am aware of that, which is why I'm not planning on asking her out right away. That's the main reason why I made this post. I know it's not going to solve my problem completely but it can help
>>
>>18012457

If you two don't click, you two don't click. That's the biggest bullshit TV, movies, and pick-up artists sell: You don't pick a girl to date first and make her like you later. It's the other way around.

If she and you don't have fun talking, then you just don't have fun talking. Move on to another girl. You are literally falling to the first obstacle. Why bother so much with this when I'm sure there are plenty of girls that you could be talking to and having fun right now?
>>
>>18012469
I'm probably being stubborn here but I do believe we 'click'. I like to think that the only reason our conversations are awkward is because she's shy and reserved and I'm unexperienced when it comes to talking with girls. We sympathize with each other and I'm sure she enjoys my company, I just feel that the fact that we almost always end up talking about classes or only get together to study is going to be a problem if I ever try to take our relationship to the next level.
>>
>>18012600

If you can't take the relationship to the next level, then you two don't "click". If she is too shy to talk to you, then you two don't "click". If you are not capable of holding a conversation for whatever reason, then you two don't "click".

You are putting the cart before the horse. You decide that you are going to take it to the next level even though there barely is a friendship here and you know you can't take it to the next level like this.

So I ask again: Why waste time with someone that barely talks and that is not "interesting and engaging" conversation? Go out with people you have fun with. Spend time with people that like you. Don't obsess over winning this one girl. Move on and enjoy your time instead of getting bored with a conversation and coming here to fix it. Just get a new conversation.
>>
if you're crushing on a girl, it usually doesn't work out unless the feeling is mutual. Usually you'll end up over analyzing everything and just fucking up any opportunity.

try practicing talking to women, genuinely. Be cute/funny and make jokes, have a presence that doesn't take things very seriously and is more laid back.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.