[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Depression keeps me from success.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (10KB, 588x445px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 588x445px
I see myself as a smart, competent man.
But I suffer from severe depression, and I don't know how to deal with it. It ruins me inside.

I am qualified for a good job (I'm studying engineering and I'm a programming tec.), but I haven't been able to settle in one.
This, I believe, it's due to the energy that my depression sucks out of me. It demotivates me.

What can I do to improve myself? How do you cope with depression? I have the potential to be successful, but I haven't been able to be at my best.
>>
>>18011749

was going to help you
but then I read your pic
and thought meh
>>
>>18011749
What helped me:
>Therapy
Find a doctor you trust and talk to them. Go on medication if necessary.

>Healthy body
Get your blood checked. Vitamins, hormones, all that.
I had a severe lack of vitamin D and just getting that fixed made me so much more focused, full of energy and happy.
Diet. Exercise. Stay outside.

>Motivation and self discipline
I make a to do list for the week, a to do list for the week and a to do list for the month. Dividing a big project in small, doable bits helps me go through them. I reward myself for going through my to do lists or sticking to an habit with foods I like, small presents, a night out with friends, or indulging in my hobbies.
Also - google "No more zero days". Yes, it's on reddit, reddit sucks. But that one is a good view.

Good luck, OP.
>>
>>18011781
Thanks, this seems to be good advice.
I have a friend that tries to make me go to therapy, I'll probably listen to her and see for myself.

I have been eating irregularly and it only adds to the vicious cycle, so I'll try to break it.

And yes, I require lots of discipline. I will try to apply your method to myself.

Let's hope these words of mine don't fade out and I actually do something for myself. Thanks anon.
>>
>>18011828
It helped me a lot.
My therapist is actually a person I'd be good friends with, I'm very comfortable with her and she's funny as fuck. I can be my true self around her.
Try some and don't give up if you don't find someone who fits your needs at first.

Eating clean was a big thing for me. My (poor) diet destroyed my mood.
I usually cook twice a week and prepare meals for the next couple of days, so I always have an healthy and easy choice when it's time to eat.
I walk at least an hour a day, and take vitamins rigorously.
You'll feel a lot more energised after a couple of weeks of getting all the right nutrients. Get your blood tested to see if you're lacking something, and then go on a meal plan.

Discipline was a tricky one, but eventually it becomes a habit. I downloaded an app on my phone and I usually do things in "cycles" - 25 minutes of studying + 5 minutes break, every 3 cycles I get a 30 minutes break that I use to clean, eat, or go for a walk.
I feel a lot better now, but I have been battling with depression for years and it stopped me from being who I wanted to be. Working on it now, but it took a lot of courage and hard work.
Don't give up on yourself, that's really it. You're welcome.
>>
>>18011858
Whats the app your using to monitor yourself ?
>>
>>18011942
Brain focus, for Android.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.