[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i deal with people who had a sheltered life and now get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1773.gif (1011KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1773.gif
1011KB, 500x281px
how do i deal with people who had a sheltered life and now get all flustered about the most mundane shit because it genuinely is the worst thing they have ever experienced?

i am starting to think about intentionally giving my kids a rough time so they don't develope into whiny little entitlements
>>
>>18011547
Be more specific about the situation anon.
>>
>>18011548
it's not so much a specific situation (well, my bf grew up very sheltered and now the smalles inconvenience is a huge problem for him, like not seeing me enough due to work is making im depressed. ) but more a general annoyance. just think about all the people that can make a real drama out of something like netflix being down or their imaginary gender not being socially accepted...
>>
>>18011555
You want to know how to deal with entitled people as a whole? Just don't, call them out on their shit. And if they don't like you complaining about their complaining, they'll stop talking to you. You just sound very impatient and there's no simple way to change your character
>>
>>18011547
Also if I pay for a service and the service isn't being provided, I have a right to be annoyed by it. If you don't like me being vocal about it, you have the option to walk away
>>
>>18011560
you're right. guess this is something you have to do one drama at a time
>>
>>18011561
there's a difference between calmly stating that this isn't what you ordered or that the steak is cold and making a scene out of it, yelling for the manager and badmouthing the place to everybody you know. shit happens, mistakes are made, chefs have bad days, why blow things out of proportion?
>>
Don't be a dick to your kids anon

Just fucking dont
>>
I don't have a particular answer for this but I've always wondered this myself. If I'm going to date somebody I usually avoid people who are sheltered because we just don't have anything in common. If I have a lot of money when I have kids I'll raise them in a nice neighbourhood, but if I have a son I'll send him to a military academy, if I have a daughter I won't know what to do besides just trying to give her enough attention so she doesn't act like a degenerate.
>>
I wonder this too.If I go ahead and put my kids in hard saituations they will think I'm a dick and stay away from me.And I'f be over protective to them they will grow up as pussies.
>>
>>18012038
Actually it's not as straightforward. Take the example of a little kid falling over - their parent coddling them and acknowledging their hurt IS what makes it not that big a deal, what makes them get over it fastest. The kind of parents who tell their kid to quit crying because it's nothing give them a lot more anxiety surrounding what happened, and these people tend to grow into adults who are still looking for the reassurance that mommy and daddy never gave them.

What will mostly make kids skitterish and overly scared is when they pick up on the fears and neurotic habits of their parents. So if you are the kind of parent hovering around your kid fearing they will fall into that pond, or hurt themselves with the sharp toy... that'll make them stunted. Not providing them with safety, reassurance and love, that allows them a solid basis for risk taking.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.