[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can long distance relationships work? we're talking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Can long distance relationships work? we're talking about different countries here
>>
>>18011286
No.

They only ever work if you were in a relationship with that person and one of you had to move away for work or school. And even then it's a stretch.

Don't bother.
>>
This girl was relocated to a different country, she always parroted "people are always judging, long distance relationships do work I can make my own decisions yadda yadda" whenever people commented on their relationship. In the end they did broke up and guess what, distance did matter. Being so far away from the other person killed any form of communication, I think of of them cheated.

Another guy from college started "seeing" a girl he met on some chat room. He took a 5 hour trip every weekend just to see her. They broke up because of the distance.

Tl;Dr they broke up because of the distance. It does matter.
>>
>>18011292
This
My fiance and I have been together since high school, and when I moved 5 hours away for college it got pretty rough in some spots. I cant imagine having to take a plane
>>
>>18011286
Mine is working, we met IRL then talked everyday since. It's been 2y and half so far and we just got married since there not thousands of options if you want to live in the same country.. We are 9000Kms away.>>18011286
>>
do NOT attempt this
you WILL regret it
>>
>>18011286
It depends. It works better for some people than others. For me it worked because we were losers who lived on the internet and chatting/phone calls/video chat felt enough like real communication that distance didn't bother us. I don't personally relate much to people who say it's hard.

If physical distance bothers you it's not gonna work unless you already really love that person already though.
>>
yes it can
lower chances
the point is you need to make an effort to close the distance
>>
>>18011286
It works but only if you're a secure person and feel strongly enough about them to wait.
>>
>>18011286
Mine worked.
Met when I was 15 and he was 17. We talked every day, lots of videocalls and all. I "introduced" him to my parents and all.
My parents bought him plane tickets to visit me. He stayed with us for a week when I was 16, and then we visited each other many times, once every couple of months.
We moved in together in my town when I was 18.
We've been together for 10 years. We're planning to get married next year.
>>
>>18011635
That's pretty cute.
>>
I've been living with my Japanese wife for over 4 years in Japan now after we had an LTR for 2.5 years.
>>
>>18011639
Thank you. I'm pretty happy.
We're about to go LD for a while now, he wants to work abroad. But I hope we'll manage.
>>
>>18011286

It depends, do you live in a disney movie?
>>
Met my current gf online over two years ago. I'm from the U.S. and she's from a 2nd world country. We hit it off and developed feelings very quickly. A year after meeting her I went to see her in her country for 3 months, it was amazing. Went back to the u.s. For 3 months, came back to her country for 6, and now I'm going back to her country soon hopefully for longer.

Our relationship is strong even when we're apart. Helps that both of us are openly jealous and we're always in contact.
>>
>>18011286
One of my close friends was in one for around 3 years. They didn't split because of the distance but because he wanted to settle and have a family all at the sudden, she was still in her "I want to travel" phase. I'm positive she didn't cheat however, we were living together at that time and going out in the same parties. She was still studying so they could spend a few months each year together and then a week here and there, and it seemed to work for them.

I have done it myself and it was okay. We were a plane ticket away, Ryanair on top of it, so really doable. Talking over Skype felt really nice and intimate but we needed to see each other at least once a month or we started to miss each other really strongly. I broke up because he didn't want children and I couldn't see myself uproot my life for a relationship that I knew was doomed. Breaking up over Skype was bad though.

Then there is another friend who is a lesbian and she has been engaged to her girlfriend for a year now. They see each other once a year, but they're half the world apart.

Another friend of mine has his boyfriend over in Japan, been together also more than a year.

In all of these cases the people have good online habits and etiquette, watch movies together over Skype, call a lot. Almost all are also independent and do a whole lot in their free time, which keeps them busy and not moping around.
>>
If your goal isn't to move in together. No. My most memorable relationship was a LDR, we only met once in person, made love, etc. I wish it could have worked. But she dumped me and less than a week later she was seeing someone else.

"I'm going over to see you." (I wanted to save it)

"No, don't come here."

She would have never said that before.. so there you go.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.