[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was raped 5 years ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1470456156871_thumbnail.jpg (4KB, 108x68px) Image search: [Google]
1470456156871_thumbnail.jpg
4KB, 108x68px
The whole story is long but the point is short - three or four men sexually assaulted me while I was unconscious in 2011. At least one of them raped me vaginally and anally without protection. I did not report it for fear of being blamed or arrested. Only after the statute of limitations passed did I start to feel comfortable enough to speak to therapists about it. Now I'm here 5 years later with so much anger and pain. These were all older men, old enough to be my fathers. I see their Facebook and LinkedIn pages and they're successful, have seemingly happy lives where they can take vacations and go to Christmas parties. I feel angry that they seem blissfully unaware of how differently the past 5 years has been for my life - which actually I'm sure they don't even remember who I am. I want to call them. What should I do?
>>
>>18011245
>I want to call them. What should I do?
Was this your therapist's idea? Or have you talked with him/her about it?

I have no idea what it's like being a rape victim, obviously. But as a guy I can tell you that nothing makes a man more uncomfortable than a woman crying. I say do it. Make them feel like complete shit. Ruin their lives if they have a family.
>>
>>18011245
It's a little late for action. It's very unfortunate this happened to you, but in current culture their wives/significant others would likely disbelieve you if you told them. You should still try.
>>
No, not my therapist's idea for sure. Just my own desire for some kind of closure...I don't know, I'm not even looking for revenge (though I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it...) just acknowledgement that a fucked up thing happened. I'm sure they would deny but I just want to know they heard me say "you did something really fucked up"
>>
>>18011290
My aunt prosecuted her rapist years (15-20) after and won in court.
He was an idiot though and admitted it...
But be sure to make their lives as miserable as possible, tell wives what happened and that you're afraid to confront them but your therapist urged you to.
>>
>>18011369
Did you bring this idea up to your therapist? This is something that is extremely important to talk about. I would never say to let it go, you deserve closure as much if not more than anyone else, but I think it's incredibly important to consider what my happen if you re-open these wounds when you're just starting to feel like they're healing. If you feel strong enough to pursue it then perhaps it's a fight worth having, but I think it should be considered strongly.

The saddest part of this world is that it's not fair. Justice is hard to find and closure is elusive. Trying to find that closure in someone else is far too often doomed to fail which is why it's so important to value any peace you might find within yourself and hold on to it as best you can.

I wish I could offer you a way to deal with these people who did this, but sadly I don't have those answers, but I do hope they will come in time.
>>
>>18011245
Don't do anything on your own.

Talk to the cops. Most laypersons have very vague and incorrect ideas of what the "statute if limitations" means, and you may still be able to prosecute them or sue them in civil court.

(Remember that 20 years ago O J Simpson was judged Not Guilty of murder in criminal court but was successfully sued by the families in civil court.)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.