[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm a hairdresser. ask me anything hair related. if you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_1810.jpg (79KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1810.jpg
79KB, 700x420px
i'm a hairdresser. ask me anything hair related.
if you want advice on how to style/cut your hair i will need a recent pic of you
>>
>>18009386

What is your favorite brand of hair dye?
I need a recolor soon but there are no actual salons in my area so i was thinking about ordering some pro quality dye online because i don't wanna use a crappy low quality box dye again.
>>
>>18009396
i find it a good idea to use professional dye.
i have always worked with schwarzkop colors. but any salon brand will do a good job. namely goldwell, loreal or wella. keep in mond that all those brands have non-professional products too. maybe post a pic for me if you aren't sure
>>
>>18009405

Thankyou, I'm not into sharing pics on the chans but I'll definitely look into those products.
>>
>>18009407
i meant pics of the product you are going to purchase. and in case you want personal hair advice, you can always blurr out face and background
>>
25, female.
What can I do if my hair is falling like a tree leaves? Everyone keep saying me that my hair is everywhere. I have a haircut a bit below the shoulders, and I'm not even balding. How much hair should fall normally?
>>
>>18009386
22 Male

Is cold water good for hair?
My hair is thinning on top of my head because I constantly touch and play with it. What can I do to stop it?
>>
>>18009417
my sister has very long, dark hair and since they are so visible, it is more noticeable how many she avtually loses. losing around 70 hairs a day is normal. and that is a lot.
if you don't feel like your hair is thinning, you don't have to worry. some people also lose more hair depending on the season. i, for example, lose more in autumn. if you feel like youmre actually losing too many hairs, all you can do is try to supply them with as much nutrients as possible. you can achieve this by boosting blood circulation in general. not smoking and exercising are your best bets. the nect thing would be eating healthy or atleast take some multivit supplement. there are also supplements for healthy hair. maybe give that a try. the only way to fight hairloss externally would be massaging your scalp
>>
>>18009422
cold water is good for hairs, yes. it closes the outer layer again after the warm water has opened it. it makes the hair shinier and less prone to damage. it also closes the pores of your scalp, which might help prevent your hair from getting oily fast or dirth clogging your pores which might lead to impurities. it can also slightly curb circulation, which is helpfull for hair loss. combine it with massaging your scalp whilst washing dour hair for the greatest benefit. to do so, take a small amount of shampoo, distribute it evenly, add some water and lather it up. then takee your fingertips and place them on your scalp. the palms don't touch your head. then you make circular motions with decent pressure all over your head. it should tingle slightly and you should feel how you move your scalp over your skull. rinse toroughly and end with cold water.
for more ideas to prevent hairloss, see >>18009423

problem is, male patterned baldness can't be reversed or prevented. itms genetical. you can only own it or get implants. sorry mate...

constantly touching your hair might make it strawy, but it doesn't result in baldness unless you continuously rip it out over months or otherwise damage the follicles. which i highly doubt
>>
I am female and my hair is ridiculously thin, pony tail is less than an inch in diameter. I'm good at styling but ultimately, it's frighteningly thin.

It's not my thyroid, I don't have any autoimmune issues. No patches of baldness, you can just see my scalp especially when wet.

I'm taking biotin daily, also b12 (as I was found to have low b12 a few years ago) as well as vitamin d. I'm taking the progesterone only pill and have been since I was about 20.

I've been ignoring this for years - I had thick hair until I hit my teens. I can't keep avoiding it though in case it's something treatable.

If you can give me some advice I'll love you forever hairanon. Sometimes I cry when I'm in the shower and I see my shit hair.
>>
>>18009456
damn... that sucks. i'm sorry anon.
how are your nails and skin?
do you exercise? smoke? eating habits?

would it be possible to post a pic? just a close up, especially of the scapl situstion would be helpfull...
>>
>>18009386
How the heck do you use a curling iron. I don't understand which bit of hair needs to be curled in which direction.

I come out looking like i have a frizzy afro. Id love to have nice flowing locks
>>
>>18009476
what kind of iron do you have? (one with or without a clamp to clamp in the hair?)

first, it depends on the style you want to go for. i usually do a simple "straight on top and natural waves in the lengths and ends" kind of thing since it only takes a few minutes, looks natural but still put together.

divide your hair down the center of dour head. take each section over your shoulder to the front.
starting from the hairs that are attached to the back of your head, take small sections (a rule of thumb is that the section should be as wide and high as your iron is thick). toroighly brush that secrion and then hold your iron steaight up. start wrapping the hair around it whilst NOT twisting it. imagine it being a wide ribbon, not a round rope. pay special attention to the endsy they need to be wrapped very neatly. no criss crossing. if you can't do that, just hold the tips with your fingers and don't curl the last few bits. it looks better than crimped criss cross sections.
don't set your iron on the highest setting and use heat protection before using it. here are also heatproove gloves so you don't burn your fingers. keep the fuck away from your scalp!
keep the iron in for only about 5 seconds. gently unwrap the strand and cup in in your palm a few seconds (this lets it cool down in the newly set form). spray some light hold hairspray on the formed curl and go to the next section. make sure to alternate curling towards your face and away from it to avoid looking like a stepford wife. when you have done that, flip your hair a bit, eun your fingers over your scalp and shake it up a bit. then run your fingers down the lengths once. set with a light ayer of hairspray and maybe some oil for the ends to make it look healthier and more compact. i also like to spritz some hairspray on my palms and gently press down flyaways on top of the head
>>
>>18009505
Helpful. What about the bangs. They always seem weird looking. Which direction to i curl them to look natural?
>>
File: IMG_1826.jpg (87KB, 358x482px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1826.jpg
87KB, 358x482px
>>18009511
what kind of bangs do you have? when i had bangs, i wouldn't curl them but instead blowdry them with a roundbrush. if you want to curl them too, ot depends ol the style you are going for. if you want them to softly frame dur face, use very small sections and change direction too. if you want them boldly and voluminous, curl them out of your face. if you want them to frame your face, curl inwards. i don't recommend that though. it looks a bit unnatural usually, unless you have long enough bangs to fade them into the rest of your hair

pic would be curled inwards but with a bog roundbrush, not a curling iron

also, i suspect you are using a way too thin curling iron. that won't get you soft beach waves.
>>
File: images.jpg (22KB, 309x476px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
22KB, 309x476px
What do with this kind of hair pic is not me but hair looks so identical.Im thinking about buzzcut because its ugly and unconfortable
>>
How can you keep short hair looking fresh? Within 2 weeks, my short haircuts look soccer mom like, instead of punky and cool.
>>
File: IMG_1828.jpg (651KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1828.jpg
651KB, 1500x1000px
>>18009527
are you actually afro american or do you just have really tightly curled hair?
i have to admit that afro hair isn't what deal woth too often, but from what i know, staying away from stripping it from oils is a very good idea. many people with tiny curls do no poo with great results. i'd recommend trying to wash your hair with conditioner only.
brush hair to loosen up dirt and get out any knots.
get it toroughly wet, add a good amount of conditioner and massage it into the scalp (do NOT use your palms or you will create a mirriade of knots. just massage the scalp, the rest will get enough washing). comb trough and then gently rinse. let it airdry withou touching it. once it's dry, work in a small amount of hair oil or plain coconut oil. emphasis on SMALL.
i do think that it looks very neat. buzzig it is obviously the easier version, but with the technique i just wrote down, you should get beautiful and awesomely defined curls with a healthy shine to it
>>
>>18009533
hate to dissapoint you, but short haircuts have a lifespan of 2-4 weeks, depending on hair growth. what you can do is learn to freshen it up yourself. can you post a pic of it or a similar one so i can rec you something?
>>
what were you majoring in before you dropped out?
>>
>>18009546
i actually never went to university because i had mentally and physically abusive parents and just wanted to get away from home and support myself asap. i'm going to go back to school and catch up on getting a degree soon.
i do like my profession though. it makes me happy making people happy by making them feel beautiful.
>>
I get flakes in my hair always. I used to wash it everyday and it was always filled with flakes. Now I do it once every other day and it still flakes, not as much but still noticeable

Is there something specific i should look for? Those dandruff control shampoos dont work.
>>
Why do you always press your boobs on the neck of the customers?
>>
Back when I was in middle school, I had hair down to my mid back. When I was in high school I cut it all off to a pixie (worst mistake of my life lol)

I've been growing it back out since college, it's been like 3 years and it's been at shoulder level for like ever. I haven't gotten a serious haircut in over 3 years, all I ever do is trim it every now and then, but it just seems to cap at shoulder length.
Why's my hair cutting me off man?
>>
I am a guy with curly hair, been growing my hair about 2.5 yrs. I scratch my head a lot due to hygiene and stress, and i have pretty long hair but my volume is terrible. Should i cut my hair short and start over or will my hair naturally thicken out over time. The look i am going for is Troy polamalus(i have similar hair type).
>>
File: IMG-20170108-WA0013.jpg (83KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170108-WA0013.jpg
83KB, 720x1280px
What do you suggest for me ?
>>
>>18009561
it is often neurodermitis that causes dandruff.
sadly, there is not that much you can do to get rid of this since it is a condition with no cure.
are the flakes dry or oily? as in, do they stick together or are more dusty?
what you can try is be very gentle with your scalp. what is happening is that your skin is somehow going overboard with shedding it's outer layers. try to find haircare for sensitive skin (make sure it has no parfume, dye or silicone in it. i would recommend paula's choice from memory).
is it itching you? are you scratching your scalp? if so, get antihistaminicas at the drugstore and also talk to a dermatologist for further help with neurodermitis. it's a pain on the ass. i have it myself. just on my leg, not my scalp.
what also might help is get checked for any allergies and switch to laundry detergents and the like suitable for nd.
try to also only comb your hair gently in oder to not irritate your scalp. there are also tonics/gels and auch for calming the skin on your head. get something soothing and put that on. the least thing you want to use is stuff like head and shoulders. it just dries out the skin and makes the problem worse in the long run
>>
>>18009562
because we get caught up in our work and forget we even have them. sorry folks
>>
>>18009564
how long you hair can grow is determined by the lifespan of one single hair you have and how fast it grows. let's say your hairs fall out after 6 years and grow an average of 12cm a year. that would cut you off naturally at around 70cm. being as healthy as possible obviously is beneficial to the lifespan and growth rate of your hair. just the usual. healthy balanced diet, exercise, no booze, smoking or drugs, sleep enough, try to eliminate stress. take your vitamins if necessary.

the orher factor is mechanical damage that keeps your hair shorter than it could be.
if you often have it in a tight ponytail, especially if you use those damned hair ties with the metallic part and always wear it in the same spot it can break off your hair gradually.
sundamage is a real thing too. there are haircare products with uc filters. use them if you are exposed to sunlight. wash your hair not more than every other day and be gentle with them. treat them like you would the most excuisite silk. the problem with shoulder length hair is also that the hairs kind lf always rub on your shoulders and the fabric there. tieing it up is a good solitiln for that bit keep in mind what i said earlier about tieing up your hair.
getting regulary haircuts is a good idea too since splitends have a tendency to wander up if not cut away and continuously ruin your plans of letting your hair grow out.
>>
>>18009566
are you the guy that posted the thread about having thinning hair?

can you post a pic of the full lengths?

i'd say it might be a good idea to stsrt over since hair that is damaged is not solvable. and mental stress plus mechanical stress most likely has damaged your hair
>>
>>18009578
i really like your hair. it has good volume and a very easy structure.
the cut fits you too. do you need advice on how to style it? because it looks like you're doing fine
>>
>>18009604
huh. I suppose I'll give keeping my hair in a loose pony just to keep it off the shoulders a try then.
Idk how I did it the first time lol.
>>
>>18009470

I don't smoke, skin is great (no spots0 and my nails are fine - quite strong and long.

I exercise regularly, don't smoke and eat healthily (meat eater as well).

I can't really post a photo (sorry!) but I can answer any other questions you have?
>>
>>18009619
well, kids normally have the benefit of a perfect blood circulation. that helps a lot.
what also helps is to wear smooth fabrics rather than thick woolen ones. it gives less friction to the hair.
also use protective oil on the ends and rinse them cold after washing to close the outer layer. massaging your scalp can also help.
>>
>>18009580
It's dry. That's unfortunate, I almost never comb my hair, scratch or put anything on it. I never have itches unless it's extremely cold outside.
>>
>>18009622
then it shouldn't be a lack that causes the thin hair. that's what i wanted to find out.

the question would be if your individual hairs are thin per se or if you just have few hairs. iow if there are a lot of fine hairs or averagely thick hairs but with bigger space between them.
>>
File: IMG_1829.jpg (10KB, 270x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1829.jpg
10KB, 270x324px
>>18009633
how is the rest of your skin? do you have any other skin or nails related issues?

maybe using one of those scalp care products i mentioned might already help you. pic related
>>
Have a bad dandruff problem, what do?
>>
>>18009648
see this advice
>>18009580
>>18009644

if you do all of that and it doesn't get better, you would have to see a dermatologist because there is something clearly upsetting your skin.
or it might sadly be neurodermitis and you will have to find solutions that deal with the symptoms instead of the cause
>>
Hey, I am not able to post my photo now, is there anything by which I can contact with you ? I thing probably you won't be here tomorrow
>>
>>18009673
believe me.. i will be here tomorrow... and the day after... and the day after that.. and so on.
just post around the same time or a bit earlier and i will most likely see it
>>
>>18009683
Okey, then see you tomorrow
>>
>>18009692
didn't you post a pic already?
>>
>>18009692
anyways, i made a throwaway if you rather fet adv that way.
it's [email protected]
>>
>>18009694
Actually he is one of my classmate, when I liked your comment , I decided to post mine
>>
>>18009715
sneaky.
oh well.
see >>18009705
>>
>>18009578
be less gay
>>
File: IMG_1832.jpg (98KB, 349x463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1832.jpg
98KB, 349x463px
ok anons, i'm going to bed.
maybe i'll make another thread someday
>>
I got full on mexican hair. A lot of strands of hair, but not long hair lengthly. About 2 inches right now. I got a combover fuckboi fault line the last time and i rather enjoyed it, but the line grew back way too quick. Any hair recommendations for someone of my hair type?
>>
For when you come back, my hair is ridiculously staticy. I've tried oils and de-frizz products it only makes it worse. Anything you'd recommend?
>>
Got pink hair, want to go to my natural hair colour, is it realistic to grow my roots out and go to a hairdressers and ask them to dye the rest the same colour as my roots?
>>
File: 1.png (764KB, 581x851px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
764KB, 581x851px
How should I cut my hair? It's wavy and putting any product on it just makes it flat
>>
>>18009770
Come back soon
I have real questions for you

I've got too much hair.
Every hairdresser says my hair is fantastic.
Thick as fuck and light brown.
But I have no idea what to do with it.
I ask them all for a buzzcut and not just one has said it was a damn shame to do so
>>
>>18011062
Not the hair dresser, but for the love of god dont touch up your hairline anymore. Its pretty fucking high. Or maybe you have a big forehead. Im not sure desu
>>
File: 20170131_221250.jpg (368KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
20170131_221250.jpg
368KB, 1280x960px
I've always wondered what would look best on me but I'm too afraid to try, mind giving me an opinion on what would look good, I'm planning on getting a haircut next week so this would help a lot
>>
>>18011094
Hair looks thick and nice
The world is your oyster

Try that 1950s part

Also learn to rotate your photos, nigger
>>
>>18011094
You have to be over 18 to post.

Modern combover
>>
>>18011094
qt would bone
>>
I'm male and I have medium long straight hair, what kind of products should I use to keep it good looking and healthy? Also, what's a good hairstyle for males with straiht hair and how do I get it?
>>
all these fucking shitskins, i knew there was a reason i hated this bored
>>
File: IMG_1831.jpg (226KB, 1003x1192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1831.jpg
226KB, 1003x1192px
OP here.

if you are still around and want adv on your question, bump it so i know it's still relevant.
i will only be around for half an hour but probably again later today
>>
>>18009456
I think I remember you anon. You posted a long time ago about improving your looks, and everyone said you were so cute and would look great with long hair like how you looked in your older photo. You sounded like such a sweet lady.
>>
>>18011041
Bump
>>
>>18011741
yes, that's perfectly realistic. make sure to go to a good salon though. it might be a bit more expensive but absolutely worth it.
besides, you only need a few milimeters of roots to do that. no need to wait long and look horrible
>>
>>18009584
Dyu ever get hit on by a guy doing your hair
>>
>>18011744
Srry his hair
>>
>>18011743
My natural hair colour is very mousey grey/brown, just hope they can do it because I want to go natural and leave it alone, im worried itll come out too dark and my roots will grow in and look equally as shit
>>
>>18011747
hairdressers usually have good eyes to determine your natural haircolor. it might be that it won't be possible to recreate it perfectly but it will only be noticeable if you know what to look for and still a lot better than pink hair with brown roots
>>
>>18011744
not as in "got asked out", but bantering and flirting happens a lot. i usually shut it down because the guys are mostly around age 50-60 and because it would be unprofessional and embarassing to go with it.
i think one once slipped me his number. that was cute and i was flattered but i had a bf at that time. one once called a few days later in the salon and asked me on a date. i took his offer on but it didnmt went anywhere because i was a fucking normie then and all he did was talk about wow the whole evening and when i got on my train, he tried to kiss me out of the blue. it was weird. he obviously never came to get his hair cut. poor guy
>>
>>18011724
how do you make curly hair on men look good?
>>
what is the cause of this scalp line i have, it has less hairs in that line than in the other areas even if i style my hair differently, how do i "cure" it?
>>
How do i style my hair like in this pic, i have the same haircut, same hair nothing changed but i canĀ“t seem to style it like this again
>>
File: 1481837734587.jpg (84KB, 907x661px) Image search: [Google]
1481837734587.jpg
84KB, 907x661px
>>18009768
this
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-20-22-54-18.png (619KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-20-22-54-18.png
619KB, 720x1280px
>>18009386
How bad of an idea would be to get bangs if i have curly/wavy hair that's somewhat dry but looks very dry. i wouldn't go for a full fringe but something like pic related and i would straighten them with round brush and blowdryer
>>
>>18009386
I don't want to post a pic of myself, but I'm looking for hairstyle advice. At the moment, my hair wouldn't put of place on Shaggy's head, and I don't usually get it cut until it starts to get on my nerves from being too long. The problem is that I want to get an internship this summer, so I'd like a more professional looking haircut for the interviews. My hair is very thick, and I have a large forehead. Do you have any recommendations based on this?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170201-121743.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170201-121743.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
What do I do with this?
When it's wet I have some really nice wavy/curly hair that I like but when it's dry it's just a frizzy poof ball. It still feels soft tho
>>
How do I get my hair to look normal?

It's wavy/curly but very frizzy. It looks untamed and uncombed. If I comb it, it gets even more frizzy and loses its few curls. If I put foam and stuff into it, it becomes entangled and has a nasty aspect and I need to wash it in max two days.
>>
how do i stop my hair from flipping up at the bottom? I have shoulder length hair and no less than 4 cow licks.
>>
>>18009386
what do you do if someone cant pay
>>
>>18013140
yeah i wanted to know that aswell
>>
>>18009386
Hello, Mr/Mrs Hairdresser

One very important question: how do I lower my hairline? Its about Norwood-1 now(and been since age 14-15), and I woule like to have it closer to what Brad Pitt (used to) have.
What products could be helpful?
Thanks in advance

Also pls can you permanently visit /fa?
>>
>>18012750
bumping my bump
>>
>>18011923
>>18011921
bump
>>
>>18009386

Why do you get so judgemental when someone tries to snip a little lock of their own hair off?
>>
>>18009386
How do I get more volume in my hair? I think my actual haircount is sufficient but it just feels so weak and dead, I am pretty sure the individual hairs are thin.
>>
>>18014224
this
>>
>>18011031
Bump
My hair is like this
>>18009770
Just never that well behaved.
>>
I have slightly receding temples. Is long/mid length hair a no go? I'm male btw.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.