[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Date Advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: received_10208936458348802.jpg (32KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
received_10208936458348802.jpg
32KB, 480x270px
Hey /adv/

>be me, 23 virgin 4/10 with a happily nihilistic sense of humor. I'm an absolute shitshow, but I'm working on it
>live with parents, own a car, but drive it on an expired permit (learned that today), work as a retail wageslave,
>meet shy qt3.14 on tinder, realize neither of us belong there, and quickly move to facebook
>lives at home, graduated with a music degree, license (not surprising, but worth noting I'm the loser), works at a grocery but is interviewing for substitute teaching
>after fb chat every day ~a week, she asks if we're ever gonna meet because we seem to be getting along
>plan a date two weeks out because we both work, I arrange for train travel into the city to see a museum she was interested in
>continue to text day and night whole two weeks, very nice and pretty girl, kind of confused as to why shes still talking to me
>ohfuck.webm
>its tomorrow, and I'm low key losing my shit
>nervous we won't get on as well in person

Any tips or advice are welcome, feel free to AMA if I didn't explain well enough.
>>
Tomorrow I have to meet this dude from Craigslist to sell some parts I had lying around. I've done this plenty of times in the past, and am no stranger to texting strangers or conversing with them on the phone. Every time I see a text or see a call coming in, I feel my stomach light up. I feel like I'm going to puke, but I pick up anyways. I know tomorrow will come and I'll meet this guy, and I know I'll be incredibly nervous right before as I always am.

My point is, you're going to feel nervous, it's apart of the process. I've found that for me, albeit seemingly unrelated to your situation, the best thing to do to kill the nerves is to remain preoccupied up until you meet. Do anything, literally anything to keep your head out of the clock. Do something to stop thinking about the time, anything to kill anticipation.

Fear man, false expectations appearing real. Your mind playing tricks on you, that's the kicker. Keep it busy, and then when you meet, you'll cool off.

If not just run.
>>
>>18005615

Sage advice, sensei. But what of awkward pauses and such? I'm not exactly experienced or trained in these matters.
>>
>>18005656

As I've gotten older I've come to realize that in adult situations, be that in dating or professional relation, that no adult even knows the definition of "awkward". Those moments of silence I think you're referencing are simply apart of being, they are so minuscule in the real world that they're not even made note of. This should be no different to you, accept that there will be occasionally nothing to say, but understand that these rarely last long.

Don't put pressure on yourself to keep rattling off things to say, let the other person do the work for you. Ask her questions about herself, and continually build off of what she's saying.

>You: So what's your favorite color?
>Her: I like the color black, because it reminds me of the BBC
>You: Why do you like the BBC?
>Her: They play some of the best House music, and I love Pete Tong he is such a great DJ!
>You: You like House music?
>Her: Yeah it just makes me feel great!
>You: What's a House concert like?
>Her: No silly! They're called raves where I let the BBC penetrate my radio waves!

You might see the point, just build off of what she says, this could literally go on forever.
>>
>>18005670
Dafaq?
>>
>>18005670
based kek
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.