[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm nineteen, living in a shitty and boring town. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: earyikg21d4-maja-petric.jpg (879KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
earyikg21d4-maja-petric.jpg
879KB, 3888x2592px
I'm nineteen, living in a shitty and boring town. I've got no direction. Depression and anxiety have a powerful hold on most of my life. I'm enrolled in my local community college and have no idea what I want to study. I've failed my last two semesters because I can't bring myself to work without any direction.

Soon my friends will be leaving town. Four are leaving to transfer to new schools, one is moving to Europe, one is a drug addict who will likely be stuck in this town forever.

I've got no job, no school, no plan for the future, and soon, no friends. I don't know what to do. I think I'm asking here because I need someone to just TELL me what to do, then I can do it. If someone TELLS me to major in something, then I might feel obligated to because someone wants me to. But I have no idea what to do or what I should do.

Frankly, I'm terrified. I'm scared I'm going to be stuck here forever and never leave and fail or become homeless. If I fail this next semester I'll be on academic probation...

Please, anything. I need to do something. I was considering just running away to Portland or LA or something and just getting a shitty job in a coffee shop until I decide to go back to school, but I don't even know where to begin that plan. Not to mention I'm not sure I could do it.

Anything helps. Thanks in advance.
>>
File: v7datklzzaw-daniel-leone.jpg (2MB, 4717x2984px) Image search: [Google]
v7datklzzaw-daniel-leone.jpg
2MB, 4717x2984px
Bump. I know this is really vague and complex but I just need some support right now.
>>
>I've failed my last two semesters because I can't bring myself to work without any direction.

Hoo, boy, do I know that feel. I'd say get a hobby with a clear end goal that you work towards whenever you can. For example, if your hobby is carpentry, come up with the plans to build a treehouse and spend some time working on it little by little. The key here is to have a goal every day or week or however often you feel its necessary to work on it. (Today I'm going to build this section of the guardrails! Today I'm going to build the door! etc.)

Honest, hard work creating or doing something is extremely fulfilling, it works wonders on depression.
>>
>>18004894

What do you enjoy doing?
>>
File: 5ywsabj_rdc-neonbrand.jpg (2MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
5ywsabj_rdc-neonbrand.jpg
2MB, 3000x2000px
>>18005068
Playing music, mostly. But I don't even enjoy that very much. My depression kind of dampens everything, nothing is as fun as it used to be.

As for work, I can really do anything in an office.

In all honesty the best I can see is myself working some random jobs around town then moving away and becoming something like a bartender or waiter or something.

>>18005019
I really need to do this more, especially now that I'm on medication. Hopefully things start looking up.
>>
>>18004894
Is there anything you like doing or have always wanted to do? Even if it sounds hard or unrealistic.
>>
File: fcvmr8tnorg-peter-hershey.jpg (2MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
fcvmr8tnorg-peter-hershey.jpg
2MB, 3000x2000px
>>18005088
I've always wanted to work in a recording studio. Really any role, audio engineer, receptionist, anything. I have no idea how to get into this profession though.
>>
I was where you are now. Join the military. Strive for something.

Pick infantry and see the world.
>>
>>18005123
Good thing the internet is full of resources to help you learn how. Research that, figure out what you'd like to do most, find out what you need to do and set a path to that goal. Screw anything that gets in the way of whatever plan you make, don't get yourself trapped into something you don't want to do. You're in real need of a purpose and goal to work towards in life.
>>
>>18004894
Get a job, do anything
>>
>>18005133
I'm a bit of a pussy, would you still recommend this?
>>
I'm not sure where the problem is. There are plenty of audio engineering schools in the US. You just need to apply to one. Happiness is a constant struggle, you won't just snap out of it and be happy.
>>
>>18004894
Train hop wait a few days and then get off go to the nearest store or business and say you need a job and work from there
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.